Hail DC asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

NFLPA - NFL contract...2011 Lockout?

I really don't want to sound like one of those people who are idiots and believe everything they hear. I vaguely remember seeing a reference to this in the preseason. I think it was in some article in the paper, maybe on a tv/radio show, maybe both. But I remember it had something to do with a contract between the NFL Players Association and the NFL that expired in 2011, and the way things are going, it might not get settled by then.

Do you have any information? I'm just really curious right now. I definitely remember seeing something, but I can't remember much more.

• G O
    Favorite Answer

2011 nfl lockout

http://national-football-league-nfl.suite101.com/a...

Yes it could happen and has happened

in 1987 there was a Lock out

they used scabs and boy did they suck

I hope they don't ruin the sport

I still don't watch Baseball the way I use to

I use to go to 15 games a year now maybe 1

Greed ruins the Game

Look at the Yankees

The only way players could go play in another league is if the NFLPA *doesnt'* decertify. That would mean that a lockout by the owners puts all player contracts in suspension, freeing them to go sign elsewhere if they wish. However, it's not going to happen. NFL stars are not going to risk a career-ending injury playing for lunch money in some minor league. You KNOW there's some linebacker in Omaha who's craving to make a name for himself by being the guy who knocked Tom Brady out of the game. NBA stars might go play in Europe because they can actually make decent money, and the risk of injury is a lot less.

it more than likely won't happen

it took years for baseball to recover

and hockey is somewhat recoverd from there recent lockout

i hope NFL tok a good hard look at the past

there is still 2 1/2 years to try to work on this, i wouldnt start to worry about it yet, they are working on it

well, people say the world will end 2012 so i guess it wont matter

won,t happen,not in football..