Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Obama has achieved more in a week, than Bush achieved in 8 years. Why is that?

Could it be the fact that Bush spent nearly four years on vacation during one of the most critical periods in US history? September 11th, two major failed wars, economy in meltdown while Bush played golf.

Best Answer

Yes. Bush stole the election in 2000 with his brother's helpd in Florida. Even thought I don't like any of the Bushes, his brother Jeb might have been better. He seem smarter at least. I think Obama is going to be a great president. Bush is the dumbest and worst president ever. After he didn't help the people in Katrina, he lost all my respect. +++

Agreed 100%. Obama is showing us that he is already a better president than sorry Bush. I don't think Bush knew what he was doing and he took more vacation days than any other president ever. So Bush is the dumbest and most sorry president ever. I have high hopes for American and Mrs. President. I will be praying for his safety and hope he hope. I know he will do a better job than Bush jr. ><

during the next 4 to 8 years he will cause the same problem that Clinton and Carter caused and so many americans will die by the hand of terrorists that it will be just totally unbelievable! He will make the CIA impotant, he is closing Gitmo and will end up letting 250 of the worst terrorist either free or they will be sent to our jails to train local prisoners to become terrorists.

Get your head out of the dark place that it seem to be stuck in!

& this recession, soon to be a recession has been caused by two years of Liberal Democrats controlling the congress with a lame duck for a president. Now they will make the depression last for many years by making us dependent on the government! In short we need to make something, anything and sell it overseas! Not build pet projects in democrat states. Which you will notice all of the democrat blue states are broke! Wonder why? hahahaha

• John A

1. Obama has not achieved more in a week than Bush achieved in 8 years. Not even close.

2. Bush did not spend 4 years on vacation.

I do not necessarily think Bush has done much "achieving" during his time in office but i do think he has done a little better than Obama has done for his first week compared to Bush's two terms. I do think that President Obama has much better plans, details and had a much quicker start to his term than former president Bush did in the beginning of his terms, though.

Also, I know you are probably upset with how Bush has contributed to our society's chaos going on right now, but you might have been exaggerating all little, don't you think? Saying Obama has done more in his first week than Bush has done during his two terms? All Obama has done is plan, so far. I am an Obama supporter(as you seem to be, regarding how you have described some of Bush's whereabouts) but come on, be honest. What do you think is the most reasonable answer to your question?

it would actually be * years espicailly since september 11th was in 2001. Also he did alot more than obama has you just dont like what he did. He declared two wars, started the no child left behind program, created programs to help aids in africa, caught sadam hussein, gave numerous tax incentives, helped bail out companies who would've other wise failed, and all the while still had time to play golf and clear brush

Well let's see...could it be that the democratic party fought Bush on every single thing he ever tried to do (drilling for one example) and now that Obama is in and the demo's are on top he should have an easier time getting things done (the things that democrats want done that is).

What has Obama accomplished??? Oh yeah, that's right, he is letting the terrorists out of prison so they are free to plan another terrorist attack on us.

• Lurch

It's good to see Obama continuing the Bush policy of using unmanned drones to attack Taliban targets in Pakistan. He even managed to take out a few civilians too! What a glorious "change"!

That's because Bush was a lame duck. @~

Now if only anything Obama has "achieved" was actually a benefit to the country instead of the massive negatives they are...