How to fix galaga arcade game?

I have an old galaga arcade game I just got from my dad. he had it in his basement not able to turn on for a few years now. I worked with it following some tips I found online and it is now working great. The only issue I have now is that there are parts of the screen that aren't as sharp the colours are all faded. It seems to be diagonally from the top right to bottom left. For example when I move my fighter all the way to the left it is bright white with the little red and white dots, when I move to the right it is a dull white with little orange dots. Is this something that I can fix or is my tube going?

the Degauss seems to work somewhat, I looked up methods for doing this online and used the motor in my drill, problem is I don't know how to remove the glass to get to the tube so can't get close enough. Also I would prefer to use an actual degausser/degauss coil/degauss want, or whatever the proper name is, but have no idea where to find it. any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Tubes going

OR

you need to degauss the CRT

Older CRTS in vid games were susceptible to magnetic destabilization

Caused the problems u r having now

Source(s): I fix ol Vids

how reset