Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 1 decade ago

I want to build a carport off my existing garage?

I want to build a carport off my existing garage but I cant find any sites that sell something that connects to an existing garage. Everything I see is a single carport of its own not attached to anything. Does anyone know a site that sells something like this in a kit form so I can build it myself?

Best Answer

Well, first thing is you'll probably need a building permit.

The most cost effective way is to get one of the Vinyl storage sheds for about $350.00, no permits, portable and long lasting in moderate climates, heavy snow areas not so much.

1

Source(s): 16000 woodworking Projects Here : http://WoodworkingPlans.siopu.com/?LwOm

I know of no sites that sell kits for what you want to do....

<---he's a professional carpentry contractor.

What it sounds like you want would be rather simple to construct from standard materials at Home Depot, Lowes, local lumberyards, etc.

If you want a walk thru on a simple carport...just send me an email or IM.

Good luck!

Source(s): 22 years in the construction biz

www.bettymills.com has Arrow storage buildings. they make a attachable car port in a 10'x10' or 10'x20' part number arr pc1020. Check them out or check other sites that sell arrow building. Also try Lowe's or Home Depot they can more than likely order it for you. Check on line first the prices may be better. Hope this helps

• Natal

build carport existing garage

The only way to do this is to build them in a truss -gusset style with a 6- 8inch cambor, for settling , I have built them before and you skin them and staple the dog out of them and you use spreaders at the top and every 6feet at the bottum runner to keep the alignment , check out a truss company for further ideas

You are probably tired of looking through stacks and stacks of projects on woodworking in magazines and books of all kinds for some instructions on how to do a certain project. Here is a site which offers 16000 plans https://tr.im/hStSd

How would you like to have woodworking plans (actually thousands of them) available to you anytime you wanted them. It would be so easy when you do not have to paw through all kinds of old magazines but have it right there at your fingertips.

its an unusual one ..and without actually seeing photo`s then asking the planners themselves would be the most definite way to go ...but you are wrong about foundations ..any extension has to have foundations capable of supporting two storeys ..this means a metre deep at least ..and all works must be done under building control