American bar program in Ireland.. Would that help me get a green card?

I am considering doing a law course in Ireland to pass the bar in New York, would this give me any leverage in getting a green card or a work visa?

no, it is not an irish course it is THE new york bar exam, sat in Dublin...I already have an irish law degree

Favorite Answer

The trick is getting a job with an employer who is willing to sponsor you for a visa. Passing the New York bar exam would at least let you apply for jobs here but America is full of law schools and competition is tough. You may have real trouble finding an employer who can prove they can't find someone already here who has the qualifications for the job.

No more than the Architect or Engineer next door. As a matter of fact, a law course in Ireland won't entitle you to apply for the bar exam in NY. You need to update yourself with US laws for which you have to attend school here.