Israel used Gaza as a test laboratory for new weapons. Was this morally justified in war?

After working for 10 days at the Shifa Hospital in the war-torn Palestinian territory, Dr. Mads Gilbert, a member of a Norwegian triage medical team in Gaza, blasted Israel for conducting experimental military work in the impoverished strip.... show more After working for 10 days at the Shifa Hospital in the war-torn Palestinian territory, Dr. Mads Gilbert, a member of a Norwegian triage medical team in Gaza, blasted Israel for conducting experimental military work in the impoverished strip.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/dime-bombs-leave-israels-victims-with-mystery-wounds-14145665.html

" Gaza is now being used as a test laboratory for new weapons," Gilbert told reporters at Oslo's Gardermoen airport upon his return home on Monday.

Among the weapons Israel was using are so-called Dime (dense inert metal explosive) bombs designed to produce an intense explosion in a small space. The bombs are packed with tungsten powder, which has the effect of shrapnel but often dissolves in human tissue, making it difficult to discover the cause of injuries.
Dr Fosse said he had seen a number of patients with extensive injuries to their lower bodies. "It was as if they had stepped on a mine, but there was no shrapnel in the wounds," he said. "Some had lost their legs. It looked as though they had been sliced off. I have been to war zones for 30 years, but I have never seen such injuries before." However, the injuries matched photographs and descriptions in medical literature of the effects of Dime bombs.
Is all fair in war as the old adage says? Or have the Israeli commanders and soldiers lost their immortal souls?
Please bear in mind that in Gaza Hamas has homemade Kassam rockets which are so ineffective that, although they fired over 2000, only 2 Israelis were killed. Also, of course beside white phosphor and DIME bombs Israel used multimillion dollar helicopter gunships, tanks and state of the art missiles. Most of the casualties were children and 100,000 civilians made homeless by "scorched earth" policy of homes destruction.
Update: It's interesting to se how much pro-Israeli, brutally ant- Gazan civilian propaganda is churned out when I asked a question about morality. Doesn't this speak volumes about Israeli immoraility? Thank you Ivor - I did check your reference and amazingly yes even the Vatican beleives Israel now behaves... show more It's interesting to se how much pro-Israeli, brutally ant- Gazan civilian propaganda is churned out when I asked a question about morality. Doesn't this speak volumes about Israeli immoraility?

Thank you Ivor - I did check your reference and amazingly yes even the Vatican beleives Israel now behaves like the Nazis.