Jade C asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

hi, i'm look for the latin translation for "hope and faith"and also how it would look in the old latin script?

Favorite Answer

Hope and faith is "Spes et fides"

For the old latin script, look up on google some old latin manuscripts and copy the letters. There is no one standard latin script, the script has changed over the time.

Have a look here for some idea: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe...

• Diana

I Corinthians 13:13 in the Biblia Sacra (the Bible in Latin):

"nunc autem manet fides [faith] spes [hope] caritas [charity] tria haec maior autem his est caritas"

So "hope and faith" is "fides et spes"

I'm not sure what you mean by "old Latin script." If you mean those illuminated manuscripts that monks used to spend their lives writing, I don't know what that's called, but it's not from Rome, and it has nothing to do with Latin in particular.

The ancient Romans didn't separate words or use punctuation. The only writing style that comes to mind is inscriptions, which are all in capital letters, and the letter U looks like a V (easier to carve, I guess!).

check out the website below...

hope this helps

i thinks it spes & fides or spes quod fides