Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

What are the long term effects of smoking marijuana?

What are the long term effects of smoking marijuana? Is smoking once every three or four months really detrimental toward your health? How long does it stay detectable in your system? I'm a fairly large guy (six feet 185lbs) so how much would two dime sacks affect me (its not laced with anything im aware of)? How could I vaporize it without a vaporizer?

Favorite Answer

So about 10 thumbs down or so to the ignorant morons who are still living in the Reefer Madness era. Anyways, the only proven long term effects of smoking marijuana are.......wait there are none. BTW, Marijuana was made illegal because of one racist A$$HOLE back in the 30s who said that it was a stereotypical drug used most commonly by Mexicans.

• Studies are still out regarding the long term effects of marijuana use. Some suggest that smoking it may cause cancer in the same way the smoking cigarettes can, but other strong studies show that it may actually prevent you from getting cancer. Either way, excessive use can make you forgetful and lazy. If you smoke once every three to four months, I think it's fairly safe to say that you aren't doing anything unhealthy.

The speed with which marijuana leaves the system after you smoke is dependent on a number of factors, including how often you have been smoking, how much fat is on your body, your physical activity level, and your fluid intake. Someone who is a first time smoker will have undetectable levels in his blood about three to four days after they smoke, but a heavyset person who smokes daily may need three to four months to clear his system. If you really are smoking only once every three months, you should be fine to take a drug test within four days of the last time you smoked, but you can buy a test kit at a pharmacy to confirm this for yourself.

Vaporizing it without a vaporizer isn't really possible, but you could always make an extraction in pure grain alcohol if you don't want to smoke.

**** everything you just heard above.

First, marijuana does not fry your brain, or kill brain cells. In fact, it does the opposite, many studies have found that it promotes brain cell GROWTH.

Second, marijuana is less toxic than many drugs that physicians prescribe. No one has ever overdosed on marijuana, and no one has ever died from marijuana. This is amazing when compared to the immense amount of deaths caused by legal drugs today.

Third, it's completely natural. It is a plant, made by God himself. To say that we should condemn people for growing a plant, is saying we should condemn God for making it.

Fourth, marijuana is the best drug known to man. It can help with a lot of problems, and is completely safe as long as you do not do it in excess.

But please regard this as anything else, you wouldn't eat a piece of cake everyday would you? This would make you fat. So don't smoke marijuana everyday and should be fine, moderation is key. It's okay to smoke once or maybe even twice a week, but don't let it get out of control. You do the drugs, they don't do you.

• ?

Unless you acquire schizophrenia or get lung cancer in that period of smoking there are no long term effects. Once you quit all the effects wear away eventually. During that time your brain will just function slower than normal, you may even find yourself moving slower than normal. Your memory won't be great and you wont remember any of your dreams also. And LOL at the people who still think it is addictive. I smoked for 4 years straight every day multiple times a day and when I quit I encountered absolutely no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever.

First off I have been smoking pot for 12 years mostly everyday. I have no long term effects to my body form smoking marijuana I visit my doctor every year and year after year I am healthy. If you don't believe me watch a movie called Super High Me it is a rip off of Super Size Me but instead of McDonald's it is with weed. It is a great movie for people who smoke or people like most that have answered who have no idea what they are talking about.

Source(s): Self Study

Oh boy, your question is most assuredly going to bring out the religious crazies wanting to give you their unfounded opinions(no proof whatsoever) on harmful side effects. The bottom line is NO, there are NO(proven) LONG TERM SIDE EFFECTS from smoking marijuana.

PS. it does not "deaden brain cells"<---see the foolish responses you'll get? Look up the Rhesus monkey test the government ran to come up with this ludicrous claim, the monkey's brain cells were dead because of the lack of oxygen... research it.

ok first of all calm down buddy lol. If your that conserved you shouldnt have done it in the first place u know wha i mean buh yah it does kill of brain cells . My friend does it all the time an his almost in his twenties... he failed English.. yahh dat should tell ya summ! haha

"The most common period of time marijuana stays in your system is anywhere from 3-30 days, depending on your metabolism and the amount of marijuana that you’ve smoked. This is unfortunate, since it means that while most drug tests can only turn up evidence of other drugs if you’ve been taking the drug within a few days of the drug test, marijuana could still be detected in a urine test up to a month after the last time it is used. If you smoke it occasionally it will remain in your system for up to 10 days. If you smoke marijuana on a regular basis it will stay in your system for as long as 45 days, and if you smoke marijuana at a constant pace, it can stay in the body for 90 days, Marijuana is fat soluble. It stores in the fat cells of the body, the brain, the liver, the kidneys, in other words the major organs."

hope this helps!!

long term effects smoking marijuana

website...http://www.medicalcannabis-dispensary.com/

We got Top Grade Medical Marijuana and Concentrates (Oils and Edibles)

CONTACT BY email...medsjay@gmail.com or text\call 619-468-7262

Green Crack Grade: AA, sour DieselGrade: A+ Top Shelf, Grand Daddy Purple

Grade: A; *Sensi Star x ak47 Grade: AAA,*Northern Lights #5 :Grade: A+,

*Lemon drop:Grade: A+, *Purple Kush::Grade:A+ Top Shelf, *OG Kush

:::::::Grade:A++ Top

*purple-urkle:Grade:AA

We also got Medical Marijauana Concentrates of High THC and Marijuana

Edibles

website ....http://www.medicalcannabis-dispensary.com/

you got it here best ..and first ,indoor pots,.

Rules and Conditions-

By contacting the number OR EMAILING on this ad, I agree to the following

terms:

Okay but before that please- I am over the age of 18,

- I am not a law enforcement officer, nor a postal inspector, or operating

under

an assumed name or in cooperation with any criminal investigation; nor am I

seeking out evidence which may serve as the basis for any charge of

violating

federal, state, or local laws.

email...medsjay@gmail.com

King of Meds

http:/http://www.medicalcannabis-dispensary.com/

peace out

100% Natural Quit Smoking Magic : http://Go.QuitSmokingMagics.com