Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Do you think a financially and emotionally stable 18 year old could have a baby?

First let me say, I AM NOT TRYING TO GET PREGNANT.

I was just curious, do you think she (and her partner) could have a baby and raise it if they were only 18, but emotionally and financially stable?

Why or why not?

Favorite Answer

I am 17 and I am financially and emotionally stable. I am 33 weeks

pregnant, so yes I think that it is possible. I know that there are young mothers who are my age that are better moms then some 30 year olds. I don't think it has anything to do with age. I think it has to do with how mature the couple is and how stable they are.

I honestly don't think it's a good idea at 18. Even if by some stretch of the imagination they are stable emotionally and financially. At that age, I think people need to REALLY find out what they want to do in life and pursue it. Because a baby changes everything (emotions and finances being the first thing it changes) How are you going to provide a fulfilling lifestyle for the child if you have no college education to get a job and earn food for the baby (You may be financially stable now for yourself and significant other, but what about a baby?)

A baby can wait , however your education and getting a stable foundation under your feet are kind of mandatory for bringing another life into the world. God will decide the right time for you; and if that's now, then GREAT! Do with it what you will, and make the bf it!

Good Luck

Source(s): Common Sense

Yes of course people have been doing it for years and have done well! However, once that couple have their child, I'm sure they'll always say they'd never take back having their child, but that if they could do it all over again they might do it differently and wait until they'd "lived a bit more". Lots of friends and family members have told me this - so I'm now 30, have made a conscious decision not to have children just yet, and I'm busy doing all the things I want to do before I have kids. Although I have to be 100% honest, I do hope I dont find out later I left it too late.

Of course, I know a couple who had a child young, they are now married with two children but when they had their first she was doing her AS levels and he was working in a kitchen so they didn't have much money. If they could raise their daughter to the happy healthy 4yr old she is now without much then a young couple who is more stable can. Although money and age have nothing to do with being able to raise a child.

• Andy24

I'd like to know what job this 18 year old has, to make them finacially stable!

I'm 19, and living off pay check to paycheck, as my work varies.

My partner is an apprentice, so we are certainly not living large, but we do earn enough to cover our butts.

I was in no way emotionally ready, I love my son, but I wish the pill would have failed us a bit later on in life!

Also, I'm a little tired of reading that you HAVE to go to college, and you HAVE to have a degree before you have children, and you HAVE to be married.

That's just silly, and seriously unrealistic.

If they actually were financially and emotionally stable, of course they could!

Obviously, they must have found a job they love without having to go to college, which isn't common, but if it works out, that's great.

I was married at 18. If my husband had a steady income, I see absolutely no reason why we wouldn't have started having kids if we wanted.

(We didn't because he was still getting his degree so he could get a job)

Yes.. If the person was financially stable (which could be any kind of good situation) and her partner is willing and able to support and nurture a child and build a life together and a baby would be a beautiful expression of their love, then HECK YES! I would support any one that would be smart enough to think it through.

I'm 18 years old, my fiance is 19. we are getting married next month & I am currently 6 weeks pregnant with our first child. I am going to college & he is in the marine corps. We are financially stable, and pretty well set off. I feel that we are going to be wonderful parents. & will not only succeed but that we will thrive in this world & this life.

<33

• well i am 18 and will be having a baby, in a few months and i think i am emotionally stable my boyfriend is financially stable so i think we would be good parents.

i think you can... theres chicks out there who arent financially stable and have a kid or kids and they are raising their kids and on top of that most are single.... i am 21 years old i have a 1,2 and 3 year old and 35 wks preg with our 4th now all the same daddy and we are great... we have a 4 bedroom house the kids have everything they want and need.. i have what i want and need and so does daddy. i wanted all my kids early so by the time they get out ill still be young lol lol anyways its possible and if you want a kid i say go for it!!!!!