how do you get your amp to 1ohm stable ?

i have a hifonic mono amp and want to wire it down to 1ohm do i have to do positive inside and negative outside or how please tell me how to make my amp read 1ohm

Favorite Answer

Well you buy it 1 ohm stable, if it's not it will burn up or go into protect mode if you wire your subs to 1 ohm. The Hifonics amps I have seen can be wired at 1 ohm though, so it would most likely be 1 ohm stable. Check out the specs with your amp model number online. If it is 1 ohm stable look up the wiring diagrams to match your subs specs (ohms and amount of subs).

you cant force an amp to read a 1 ohm load, you will destroy your amp if you feed it ohm loads its not capable of doing, if you want to make your amp 1 ohm stable, you cant.. get a new one, only way.. if you try your going to eventually damage your subs, and fry your amp.. which will screw you over because all your money spent will be wasted

• MDC

What sub(s) are you using?

The final load on the amp depends on the impedance of your sub(s). The link below may help you out.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizar...

Good Luck!!!

Source(s): MDCustomz.com