Why do so many people hate Christians?

Seriously... Why do so many people hate Christians? We are people! Better people than most actually, but God loves everyone... even atheists...

26 Answers

Relevance
  • g
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

John 15:18

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

Matthew 24:9

"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

John 15:20

Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

The world Hated Jesus.He even that if the world hated him thee world would also hate use.It also because we are the light of the world leading people out of the darkness.We knew the truth and many want to shut the truth out.Deep down in most people they know we are right about God and Jesus so the lash out at use.They say we are forcing Christ down there throats but all we do is tell them that Jesus die for then.God does love very one even the atheists that is true. And we are people too.We my fall but we know our God will pick use up again.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably because of the ones like you who sound so condescending and rude. "Better than most people..." "God loves everyone... even atheists...."? That embarrasses me. I'm a Christian too. Stop being an arrogant Christian with a superiority complex.

• 6 years agoReport

Don't act like your a christian

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't hate Christians, my son and my father were/are Christian.

Christians tend to hate me, and insult me, which is why I'm a bit defensive. I'm an old woman, and while I could hold my own in getting pushed around when i was younger, I have no desire to get pushed around now, so I tend to avoid them.

Most Christians however, are well-mannered, reasonable people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Alan G
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

What makes you think people hate Christians, any more than people hate Muslims or Jews?

We don't hate you. Believe what you want to . That's the guarantee of this country. Just don't insist that I believe what you do and don't try to legislate it. That I will oppose with all that's in me. That's also the guarantee of this country.

• 1 decade ago

I think this "hate" you are feeling is because Christianity is based on tradition, superstition and faith and refuses quetions of logic, reason and usually science. In addition to that, they claim they are the ONLY ones who have truth, yet fail to prove or make any sense whatsoever. THEN they go out into the world and try to tell other people, who just want to be left alone, they they are going to some fiery burning place unless they accept this dead jewish zombie kid into their "hearts". Not hatred, just annoyance.

• 1 decade ago

Christianity is a highly offensive religion. It's impossible to be a Christian without stepping on toes. I think the biggest issue is that we believe there is one, and only one, way to Heaven and people take issue with that. We believe that there is right and wrong and that there is little in-between.

Christianity is not a worldly religion. The Bible says that we are hated by this world because we are not of this world. We should expect to be persecuted.

And I'm sure there will be people who have a problem with this answer.

• 1 decade ago

Well, given that you have destroyed the Middle East, tried to take over Asia and Eastern Europe and, over the years, have killed people you referred to as witches, taken kids away from their Jewish parents and tried to steal land of Muslims and Jews alike, I think you may have ticked a few people off.

Hey; Here's an idea. Stop committing so many hate-crimes all over the world.

Jesus Freak: Umm...Let's see. War on terror- Started by Christians to fight against the rising numbers of Muslims. Cold War- Started by Christians, in fear that Capitalism will be taken over as a dominant force. Witch Hunts- Started by Christians because quite frankly, you guys were being idiots. Inquisition- Started by Christians to fight a spread of Judaism. Crusades- Started by Christians to reclaim land which was owned by other countries in the Middle East (eg Jerusalem).

• Marc L
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

"Better people than most actually"

See, that attitude, right there? That isn't going to get you many friends. It's arrogant, haughty and prideful. All of which traits your Christ taught against.

Now, for the milliionth time, we don't hate Christians. We hate the actions and attitudes (like the one I just pointed out) of individual Christians.

*drink*

• 1 decade ago

Maybe just maybe it is the arrogant bigoted self righteous way most xians ask and respond to questions and subjects they illogically disagree with.

xian love, the new hate speech code.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.