Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 decade ago

Ichat constant "communication error" when i try to video/audio chat or screen share?

I am having major problems with my macbook (late 08) when ever i go onto ichat and try to do a screen share or a video or audio chat i get the message "there was a communication error during your chat, did not receive a response from bla bla bla". My internet is fine because my sisters macbook works fine and she does about 20 video chats a day. Dont think that the problem is we are on at the same time cuz we arent. My video chats just dont work with anyone for some reason . I took it to the apple store but those idiots didnt know how to fix it they just re installed the software and sent me away saying it would work. HOW CAN I FIX THIS

Favorite Answer

having the problem right now, and was once able to fix it, SO I AM SURE APPLE STORE IS NOT NECESSARY, but i forget. my computer shut up after i fixed it and it just came back :-(

That's weird. I don't think it has anything to do with your internet connection. I just went on mine to see if it did the same thing but it let me do video chat. Maybe there is something wrong with the other person's computer since it said there was an error.

Nope no longer chatting. i for my area experience that : you have a lurking/stalking troll hun. you have maximum likley been around long adequate to get one. do no longer project approximately it, all of us get meaningless, mindless, no longer straightforward violations. whether you attempt to combat it, yahoo will in basic terms deliver you an motor vehicle generated e mail declaring that "after reviewing your apeal and the content textile in question, Yahoo solutions Admin has concluded that your content textile replaced into certainly a contravention of the SOT contract. . . . . ." bla bla bla What I do is make getting a BS Violation a advantages equipment. for each BS Nonsence Violation i'm getting to award myself with a clean pair of footwear! My recent violation, which replaced into considerd a rant while it wasn't, provided me some very horny, vivid purple, 3 inch heals compliments of my stalker. If my account gets deleted by BS violations I genuinely have desperate that i will spend an entire day at a spa! ***disclaimer*** All content textile above is to be considerd my special answer to the above question, as my rationale replaced into under no circumstances to "chat" with the asker.

Just take it to the mac store, again, they'll actually help if u really bug them