Should we amend the constitution to allow President Obama to serve 16 years rather than 8?

He is a young man and can lead this country in the right direction for at least 16 years.

• Favorite Answer

depending how well he does (even though I would already vote for him again.. I just have to say that or I get billions of thumbs down) I think he should have 23456789 years in office... boo.. yah.

Young man ? There are plenty of young men who could take over obama's job and be MUCH more qualified ! LOL Are you kidding ?

You do know your 'young man obama' is a smokin full !!?? Right ?

Add this up..you know how much faster the President of the United States ages ??? Isn't it supposed to be something crazy like 10 yrs to one because of the stress ?? Then add up years added on to his life for his nasty habit of smoking...and I think he is going to be older than president Bush in 2 or 3 yrs !!

besides the fact that obama is doing nothing but bringing our Country down fast..i don't think we will even make it the first 4 years with this crook.

No, we should not let any elected official make a career out of public life. Why should also not let anyone with such power feel above reproach or safe in their position.

As capable as President Obama may be, he's been in office for 6 days and has yet to prove himself. Perhaps we could revisit this after his first 100 days, although I'm loathe to make any assertions until 3 years have passed and he's had a chance to learn his job.

I've often though we need term limits for Senators and Congressional Reps as well. At the very least, they should have to take every third term off and work in society at large to understand and live under the impact of their own legislation.

No. What we need to do is educate kids more so they dont grow up thinking like you. History shows that later terms are less successfull.

Obama in the right direction? Marxism isnt the right direction for this country unless you want a Mao or Stalin-like govt. People want freedom and capitalism. Not tyranny and socialism.

Are you serious? After 4 years of socialism/fascism gone wild I bet the American voters will make Comrade Obama the next Jimmy Carter - overwhelming defeat!!

Absolutely not. The fact that he even won surprised me. I can't believe people bought the media hype spread on MSNBC. But then again, with everyone worshipping hollywood and their opinions, and with everyoen in the nation watching television now-a-days, it is no wonder that everyoen has fell for his bumper sticker slogans.

Obama will be the worst thing for America ever. He doesn't even like America, he hates it. He read Saul Alinskys book on how to use community organizing to destroy America.

• Bill G

I hope you don't really mean this. If you do then I suggest you apply to be the poster child for Kool Aid drinkers. WHy don't we wait and see how he does in the first 4 years befor we start ammending the constitution.

are you mental??? do you even know why the law was changed to only an 8 year term to begin with??? apparently not but i will tell you this if you are not smart enough to wait and see what obama does during a 4 year term before trying to give him more time you might just change your mind and perhaps even wish you never made that ridiculous statement in the first place.

No, I'm happy with the 8 year term limit. In my opinion the jury is still out on Obama (I voted for him). Such an amendment would also apply to presidents I don't like.

Um... no. I have a better idea. How about we just scrap this whole election thing and coronate him as Supreme Royal Dictator. That way he and his appointed central planners can put us on the path to Utopia by regulating every aspect of our lives in order to make sure nobody is treated differently or is subject to any harm. Who needs freedom of choice anyhow when Obama knows what's best for us?

• If Obama keeps losing jobs he'll just make 4 and get the boot!