I want to report a suspicious e-mail. Who do I contact?

The e-mail wanted to know about my bank accounts

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you're referring to scam messages, they can be forwarded to the following addresses:

    Federal Trade Commission-spam@uce.gov

    FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Center-ifcc.tp@fbi.gov

    FraudAid Scam Reporting Email-scamreports@fraudaid.com

    Castle Cops-depositscam@coldrain.com

    Scam messages from any of the freemail providers should be reported to:

    Google Mail-gmail-abuse@google.com



    In the event the messages originate from Y! Mail accounts, they should be reported here:


    Choose Fraud as the reason for the violation you're reporting on



    They can also be reported here:


    Hope this helps.

  • 1 decade ago

    The easiest and best thing to do is report it to the email admin of the person who sent it to you. If they use a yahoo.com email, forward the message to abuse@yahoo.com, if gmail.com, forward it to abuse@gmail.com, etc.

    You can also report it to the authorities if you want to be proactive, and which authorities will depend on which country you live in. In the US, the Secret Service specifically investigates this type of fraud. Also you can report it to the Internet Crime Control Center (formerly the Internet Fraud Control Center.

  • TJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    e-mail postal investigative branch of the CIA

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.