Is linux operating system user friendly?

I've got a few questions in fact.. 1. Is it user friendly? 2. Is it well secured? 3. Does it have a simple installation or a lot of DOS kinda command installation process? 4. Can it play all applications and games? 5. If not linux then which is the other free operating system which is good? 6. Can i make... show more I've got a few questions in fact..
1. Is it user friendly?
2. Is it well secured?
3. Does it have a simple installation or a lot of DOS kinda command installation process?
4. Can it play all applications and games?
5. If not linux then which is the other free operating system which is good?
6. Can i make an image file and run the installation in daemon tools or do i need to burn it on the CD? I dont have a writer...
Update: Thank you everyone for your valuable suggestions. I am very much convinced that linux is worth a try. Thank you for suggesting wubi as it is user friendly. Got a little confused here to select the best answer! I wish i could choose most of the answers as best answers! Thank you again.