Would you take your child's place?

Most Christians believe in eternal torment so if given a choice, would you take your child's place in hell?

Update:

(((zilla)))

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

All parents will answer 'yes' to this question. Yet some Christians believe that the most perfect loving Father of all not only won't take their place, but will send them without mercy to a place of firery torment. Hell dogma is an insult to God.

• 1 decade ago

I have seen a similar question (and since Y!A isn't letting me post links at all *mumbles*, if you wish to look it up the following was the question):

If you were destined for Heaven and your child hell would you be willing to switch places with them? - Asked by Quantrill

In this question there are christians who, despite their love for their children (and I could see their pain in their words) that wouldn't switch places with their children.

It was kind of painful for me to read their replies. But I guess their love for their lord, supercedes the want to save their child from hell. It seems puzzling to me to be honest.

• 1 decade ago

Once I get children yes I would if they were going to hell and I was in heaven, but most likely, if hell happens to be true I'll be going there anyway since I don't believe in it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wasn't there a book about a father who went to Hell and destroyed it in three day so his children wouldn't have to fear it any more?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No I wouldn't. If my child refuse to take what was taught and decided to do as he wanted. Whatever punishment happens happen. I would die for my child, but I would not burn in hell for my child.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I used to believe that stuff, sweetie. And I bet that, like me, most Christians would do it in a heartbeat. At least, I hope so :P

(((got_air))))

• 1 decade ago

If I believed it, yes I would.

• 1 decade ago

My dad told me he would for me, and I can do no less for mine.

So that's a yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.