Would you take your child's place?

Most Christians believe in eternal torment so if given a choice, would you take your child's place in hell?

(((zilla)))

Favorite Answer

All parents will answer 'yes' to this question. Yet some Christians believe that the most perfect loving Father of all not only won't take their place, but will send them without mercy to a place of firery torment. Hell dogma is an insult to God.

I have seen a similar question (and since Y!A isn't letting me post links at all *mumbles*, if you wish to look it up the following was the question):

If you were destined for Heaven and your child hell would you be willing to switch places with them? - Asked by Quantrill

In this question there are christians who, despite their love for their children (and I could see their pain in their words) that wouldn't switch places with their children.

It was kind of painful for me to read their replies. But I guess their love for their lord, supercedes the want to save their child from hell. It seems puzzling to me to be honest.

Once I get children yes I would if they were going to hell and I was in heaven, but most likely, if hell happens to be true I'll be going there anyway since I don't believe in it.

Wasn't there a book about a father who went to Hell and destroyed it in three day so his children wouldn't have to fear it any more?

No I wouldn't. If my child refuse to take what was taught and decided to do as he wanted. Whatever punishment happens happen. I would die for my child, but I would not burn in hell for my child.

I used to believe that stuff, sweetie. And I bet that, like me, most Christians would do it in a heartbeat. At least, I hope so :P

(((got_air))))

If I believed it, yes I would.

My dad told me he would for me, and I can do no less for mine.

So that's a yes.