citizenship...................................................................................................?

can u have citizenship in more than one country

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not as easy as YES.

These people above don't know what they're talking about.

It depends on each country.

Countries Which Allow Dual Citizenship:

Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Cyprus, Egypt, El Salvador, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Pakistan*, Portugal, Serbia and Montenegro, South Africa*, Spain (only in certain cases), Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tonga (only in certain cases), Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Western Samoa.

Countries Which Prohibit Dual Citizenship:

Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Burma, Chile, China, Denmark, Ecuador, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran*, Japan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Malaysia, Mauritius, Nepal, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Thailand, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.

• 4 years ago

It is wrong, if they don't follow the immigration laws how can we expect to have them follow any other laws? Illegal is illegal period and should not be rewarded especially when there are people in countries all over the world waiting years on lists to get into our country the legal way. Giving citizenship will only encourage more illegal immigrants. The best thing you can do is contact your congressman and senator and voice your opinion. The trouble is too many people sit back and complain about it but don't do anything productive to make their voice heard. While the illegals take to the streets in protests.

• 4 years ago

Yes, I have quadruple citizenship

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes but it's a bad idea because you can only be loyal to one country. Not two.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe that's what I read somewhere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.