Anyone raised atheist who later became religious?

Lots of people are raised Christian and later become atheist, but does it ever go the other way around?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A couple of well-known examples I'm aware of:

1) Joy Davidman (wife of C.S. Lewis)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joy_Davidman

2) Dr. Laura Schlessinger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Schlessinger

For more examples, you might want to check out the following Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_atheis...

Note that some of those people, such as C.S. Lewis, weren't raised atheist, but went through an atheistic stage in life.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

He had ulterior motives behind renouncing religion. He probably never would have renounced his religion if the "opiate of the masses" thing wasn't bagged with all the other Communist Party mantras. Whatever the reason for his religious change, it certainly wasn't borne from personal reflection or a search for the truth etc. ----- "Ohh I get it,when an atheist commits crimes against humanity it has nothing to do with their atheism. Yet when a theist does it, it has everything to do with it. I get it." It's not like that. Atheism and theism are really basic concepts. Nobody sanely blames "theism" for atrocities. They blame particular Christian/Muslim/etc beliefs. In the same, you can't sanely blame "atheism" for atrocities. Stalin's atrocities were a result of other particular beliefs. If you see someone blame "theism", call them a moron.

• 1 decade ago

One of my colleagues from Hong Kong was raised without religion then converted to Christianity at the age of 17. He doesn't go on about it though.

• 1 decade ago

Well if they were raised atheist and then turned religious then I guess someone wasn't doing their job.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I was raised agnostic/baptist and rebelled and left home and from a long 'journey' He finally 'Caught' me and I am His Forever! <')))><

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not too many people are raised atheist.

• Trey J
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

i was not raised athies but became atheist when i was old enuff to make my own decisions.. however thank GOD, he saved me and allowed me to know the Truth!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Im sure theres a few. VenomFangX CLAIMS he was, but i doubt he telling the truth, the liar.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, though the change usually happens after some severe brain damage...

• 1 decade ago

yes, neo... later he believed in the matrix....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.