Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

What is a good (gun)?

What is a good nail polish color to use to mark the eye side on a black smith and wesson 38 special?

Favorite Answer

Don't use white, it distracts from your target. Use a dull gray, light blue or carefully remove the finish from the sight. Try the white if you want, you'll see what I'm talking about though. Trust me.

Alright, now that that's out of the way, let me buy you a drink.

.

Source(s): My job requires me to understand and proficiently use weapons of all types, skillfully and accurately.....and none of them have white on them.

I have used the chrome nail polish in the past with pretty good results. In certain lighting situations though its hard to see. When the sun is shining the plain black actually works best. You can try orange too to see it better. Check into one of the fiber optic front sights. They are relatively inexpensive and they work fabulous..

Find this at a local gun store. Better than nail polish and less expensive. I like the bright yellow. Only $5.

http://www.brightsights.com/products.shtml

White appliance touch up paint works best.* Get it at Walmart or any hardware store.* It works the best.*

Source(s): Run like a Deer.*..........Fly like an Eagle.*~~

white

I use yellow on my 38 airsoft and have killed l;ots of stuff at night!