Itunes account help.?

I am trying to make an itunes account, but do you really need to put in your credit card number to make an account?

Also does the music you already have on itunes from CD's automatically go into your itunes account?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i dont know about the cd's.

but you can open an itunes account without a credit card. you only need an itunes gift certificate or a pre-paid itunes card which you can buy at most any store.

the card/certificate must be from the same country as the store you want to download from. example: an australian card code won't work in the usa store.

if you have the itunes player installed, just open it on your computer and on the right hand side of the screen, click 'redeem itunes'. type in the gift code. type in a name and address (don't put anything for credit card, or select 'none' if it gives you the option, some countries don't). and the money is credited to your account.

free account: itunes has weekly offers of free songs, games, tv, movies, and applications. you can open an account at no cost to enjoy these. no credit card or gift certificate needed. go to apple.com/itunes and download the itunes player if you don't already have it installed.

open the itunes player. at the bottom of the screen click my store. choose which country you want to download from. on the bottom right side, click top free apps. choose a free app. click get app. get new account. click continue. create account.

presto, you have an itunes account at no cost! make sure the address you use is relevant to the country you choose to download from.

after signing in, then visit the u.s. itunes free page:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No you don't have to put a credit card number down and if you have music on iTunes already it doesn't have to be in your account.

• 4 years ago

regrettably, you go with a mastercard as a manner to create a shop account on iTunes, yet after the account is made, you are able to delete it and use present enjoying cards. What i'd do: Borrow the mastercard of somebody who trusts you (ie your mum and dad, if conceivable). set up the account on an identical time as they're there, and then delete the selection out of your newly made account on an identical time as they're staring at. Then purchase a recent card and use that to pay. it extremely is what I did, and it extremely is worked out properly.

• 1 decade ago

No you don't have to but if you have a card that you can reddem it will work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.