Where to stay in Savannah/Tybee Island?

A group of about 6 of us will be going to Savannah and Tybee Island in June. We are looking for a suite to split, none of us have ever stayed in this area before and we are clueless. Here are my main concerns, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Should we stay in Savannah or Tybee Island?

What is the parking situation like in Savannah? Will we have to pay to park downtown?

Which hotels are best?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I would stay in Savannah. Not much in Tybee Island but it is worth a day trip. How much are you willing to spend? I suggest The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa. It is across the river but they offer a ferry for you to use to take into town. Since there are 6 of you you should try www.vrbo.com. It is all houses or apartments for rent in any city you would like to visit. We have had very good experiences with it. I wouldnt try to park downtown. I would park at my hotel and just walk everywhere.

Savannah and Tybee is way more beneficial. There incredibly isnt that a lot to do in St. Simons. properly you would possibly want to continually sit back contained in the room and luxuriate in one yet another. average you've way extra thoughts in Savannah.