Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 1 decade ago

Who is the better emcee...Dr. Dre or Rza?

Favorite Answer

RZA. no question 1st off he has his own unique flow. nobody else raps like him and 2nd Dre has ghostwriters

• Choc1

I agree that RZA is a better rapper. And yeah, Dre uses a ghostwriter most of the time...but I think he's the better producer.

Oh, and the two are nothing alike, and besides when you compare an East Coast rapper/producer to a West Coast rapper/producer on this site, most people are going to go with the East Coast. They're on the East Coast's nuts...I like whatever sounds good (no matter where they're from).

• I'd say Dr Dre mainly due to flow. RZA seems scattered, he's a much better producer than emcee.

For those of you doubting Dr Dre here you are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVvd_9_Qflg&feature...

Listen to him and Ren go off at 1:57, Dre can kick it. So he doesn't write most of his rhymes, neither did Eazy nor RZA.

But RZA's verses on Protect Ya Neck and Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin to F*** Wit are dope for sure.

RZA writes his own rhymes so I say RZA, I disagree with Kevin on this one because it's a well known fact that Ice Cube wrote the whole str8 out of compton album but even since then The Doc usually has written dr. dre's rhymes, The DOC's name is usually in the "written by" credits, on tracks Dre raps on, so it's pretty well known

If your talking about actual rapping the RZA. Dre uses a ghost writer.

• Mz

Rza ... Dre is a way better producer than MC

Source(s): my opinion

The same one thats the better producer

The RZA

Most of the time Dre never even wrote his own material...

RZA hands down...

Keep in mind he said EMCEE not PRODUCER

I like dr. dre but for this one

RZA NO DOUPT

I'm going with RZA on this one

"you couldn't punch your way out of a wet paper bag with scissors in your hands.."