Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Poll: What Is Up w/ The Elderly & Their Sleeping Patterns?

Has anyone ever noticed that the elderly are usually the first ones to wake up? Why do they wake up so early? Especially, being that they go to bed @ odd hours. Usually, very late. Then during midway or around the day they have like 2-4 naps daily.

Now it's not, like this always cause there are always, exceptions. But, most commonly this seems to hold water. Is it that they are afraid to sleep or something and wake up early to seize the day and get the early bird special at Denny's. While watching old sitcoms like I love Lucy or the Dick Van Dyke Show. And because nothing appeals to them if they are retired in the afternoon they take naps.

These sleeping patterns are a bit off in my standards and this is my best attempt to rationalize everything. What is yours?

Favorite Answer

i heard that the older you get the less sleep you need, plus since most are retired they can sleep during the day or whenever they want anyway. luckies

When I was younger, I needed about 8 hrs of sleep, now at 55 I only need 5 - 6 hrs. That's a pattern which many elderly people follow. About naps in the afternoon - I only take those if I didn't get enough sleep the night before.

i think the older they are the less sleep u need!