Poll: What Is Up w/ The Elderly & Their Sleeping Patterns?

Has anyone ever noticed that the elderly are usually the first ones to wake up? Why do they wake up so early? Especially, being that they go to bed @ odd hours. Usually, very late. Then during midway or around the day they have like 2-4 naps daily. Now it's not, like this always cause there are always,... show more Has anyone ever noticed that the elderly are usually the first ones to wake up? Why do they wake up so early? Especially, being that they go to bed @ odd hours. Usually, very late. Then during midway or around the day they have like 2-4 naps daily.

Now it's not, like this always cause there are always, exceptions. But, most commonly this seems to hold water. Is it that they are afraid to sleep or something and wake up early to seize the day and get the early bird special at Denny's. While watching old sitcoms like I love Lucy or the Dick Van Dyke Show. And because nothing appeals to them if they are retired in the afternoon they take naps.

These sleeping patterns are a bit off in my standards and this is my best attempt to rationalize everything. What is yours?