Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Sarah Palin 2012???

If Sarah Palin ran for president in 2012 would you vote for her and why?

I'm a Sarah Palin supporter and truly believe she is what America needs.

I def agree with you, atropos!

That agruement... Pro-life yet for death penalty shows the ignorance of some people. People that get the DP actually have lived and done somethings WRONG. Those children weren't even given a chance. Why can't anyone get it in their head? Look at what America is coming too. Wouldn't it be smart to stop tryin to stray from old ways... I mean why change things that weren't broken. I"m not referring to the last 8 years. I'm talking about 100 years ago.. Taking church out of schools as lead to nothing but teenage pregnacy and drug/pot heads. America was build on religion! When will America smarten up and get with the picture?

Favorite Answer

All the people on this thread with the negative comments about Palin simply dont have a clue as to what they are talking about. All they know is that they heard their fellow Dems put her down, and thats good enough for them, so they repeat what they hear. Palin is stupid Palin is a moron. Palin is corrupt. Palin is incompetent. Etc, etc. Dems engage in this sort of log rolling all the time. They cite each others lies so much, that it somehow becomes an article of faith to them.

Nixon was an idiot. Reagan? He was an aimiable dunce. His successor George Bush? Just as dumb, outdone in idiocy by his VP Dan Quayle. No! Wait a second! The stupidest man has to be George W. Bush! Yeah! that’s the ticket! Hold on now. Sarah Palin. now there’s the biggest idiot!

Sheesh. The Presidencies change, but the rhetoric of the left does not.

Time to get a new meme, liberals. This one got old a LONG time ago.

Kit Fang writes: "One thing puts me off Palin. She didn't know Africa was a continent, but thought it was one country. Someone that stupid shouldn't be allowed to run the country"

Shows what you know. That "Palin didnt know Africa was a continent" turned out to be a hoax.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/arts/television/...

You serve as a classic example of the log rolling I spoke of. Now that your "one thing" that put you off about Palin has been proven to be not true, are you going to support her now?

Until McCain picked her out of the blue had anyone even heard of her? I think she is a good lady with strong morales and a love for the USA but I just don't think she is ready to take the heat and pressure of a presidential campaign. She could remain a strong voice for the republican party and who knows with the right advisers and team she could become a more polished candidate down the road.

I am not going to be brainwashed by the liberal media and say she is an idiot and stupid, etc. That seems to be the only argument liberals have for anybody who has an R by her name.

• Erika

She does not even understand if she is working yet - the quitter can not make up her ideas. If she does, the Republican primaries must be exciting. If she is unquestionably nominate, I wager the Democrats will celebrate with the easy victory. i do no longer think of u . s . a . of america is very stupid adequate to p.c. her.

Sara Palin is arguably the most unintelligent politician to ever hit the mainstream. post election polls showed that 9 of 10 Democrats and 3/4's of Independents felt she was unqualified to run the country. Palin will never set foot in the White House.

If she runs...she will be the new face of the Neoconservatives.

She is a pure politician.

Her Religious right crap is just that. ALL politicians who play to the Religious Right are lying.

You are a dumb bunch of theocratic hopefuls that need to get back to church and get out of politics.

{Taking church out of schools as lead to nothing but teenage pregnacy and drug/pot heads. }

Who has admitted to smoking pot and has a pregnant teenage daughter? You are trying to make her into something that she is not.

Ya, that's exactly what America needs. A person who "talks" to God.

The government shouldn't make decisions based on religious beliefs. Not only is she an evangelical, but she's an idiot. She really is, if you don't see that then I feel sorry for you. I'm not a liberal, I'm just sane.

No rational person would vote for her. If she ran for President in 2012, the Republican party would disown her and she would run as an independent or join the Christian Conservative party or something. Either way, she wouldn't garner more than 20% of the vote.

There is suppose to be a separation between church and state and Palin would just end up knocking that entire wall down and completely rape the constitution.

She is pretty attractive though.

No, because she has no idea what she's doing, period. She's half the reason McCain lost the election. No offense, but people joke about Obama supporters dreaming too much, it seems as if you're doing a little dreaming yourself. Anybody besides her trying to run against somebody else would be cool, but Palin, no way no how

I was SP's neighbor and one of her greatest and strongest supporter. She has gone so far over the top that I hope she is a one term governor and moves back to Idaho. I have no respect for her at all. She wouldn't get my vote for dog cather.

Palin was a venomous, propaganda spewing pawn of the Republican Party. If the GOP hopes to win an election, they'll drop the technique of using the fear-based, deceitful propaganda that she spewed for them. It didn't work, and Obama's decision to not resort to filthy personal attacks was one of the changes from past discourse that made him appealing to voters. They also won't run Palin if they want to have even a bit of hope.

Here are my thoughts on Palin, in true Palin form. Of course, instead of comparing her work later in her career to Obama's work in his 20's, let's compare his work in his 20's with her work in her 20's:

*********Busting your butt to graduate from Columbia and then working as a community organizer before attending Harvard Law and graduating Magna Cuum Laude is SORT OF like being a beauty pageant contestant and hopping around six sub-par schools in six years to finish a no honors BA in Journalism at a tier-4 university then reporting sports on the local news, EXCEPT the former require an incredible work ethic, selflessness, sacrifice, and a top-percentile brain.*********

Bmovies60 - the idiot argument I've never heard applied to Reagan or Bush, Sr. It applies pretty well to W & Palin, though. It certainly worked this election, so I have to disagree that it's getting old.

What is getting old is the old GOP ploy that Democrats are corrupt, lying, thieving crooks. Considering that there were enough Republicans charged with crimes and involved in despicable scandals in the last 8 years that they could make a GOP block at Leavenworth, I'd say that one is pretty stale.

And it wasn't liberal propaganda that killed it for Palin - none of which by the way ever came out of Obama's camp - it was the GOP's insistence on using her to spew divisive, hate-filled propaganda that painted the man in stark contrast to what his record in government showed. They parsed so many quotes to fabricate stories, it was insane. And of course, this is the Internet age, so it wasn't hard to find out what he ACTUALLY said in full context to refute the GOP propaganda. Nor was it tough to find out what he was really about and what his background and achievements were, in contrast to the myth of an empty suit that the GOP was describing.

Honestly, your boys went way over the top, as she fed the pundits with suggestion and innuendo of Obama palling around with terrorists, not being "like us", that she loved these little pockets of "real America," he was ashamed of America, he wanted to bankrupt the coal industry, he felt the Constitution was a flawed document, and so many more. The pundits took it and ran with it. By the end of the campaign, you'd think they were running against Che Guevera and that by voting for him, on Jan 21st the US would be under the control of secret police, all industry would be government owned, all freedoms would be removed, and we'd be training terrorist foot soldiers in our elementary schools.

And your link to the NY Times that declares the hoax - it states that MSNBC bit on a hoax where someone declared responsibility for the "Africa was a country" statements. But it was not this hoax that lead Fox News - FOX NEWS - to originally report the story. The Fox News reporter claimed he talked with a confirmed McCain staffer, and they have never retracted that story. The woman had some serious deficiencies in foreign affairs - serious deficiencies.

I do honestly have a hard time believing that she or anyone else in government could believe that Africa was a country. For my own confidence in this great country, I have to believe that no one in power here is that ignorant. But I don't have a hard time believing that she was short on foreign affairs knowledge. That she was short on knowledge of a lot of things was confirmed by the fact that it took them forever to get her out in front of the press, and that when they did, she still fumbled all over herself.

The fact that it was a McCain staffer talking trash about her really speaks strongly of the pettiness within the GOP ranks. That party is just as much at odds within their own ranks as they are with their actual opponent. How the heck are they gonna win back the Congress and White House anytime soon?

Sarah Palin has proven she is better off staying in Alaska. She's a beauty queen who is as clueless as they come. And no I would not vote for her, but I can't wait for her to open her mouth. She's dumb funny.