Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

looking for good books to read and movies to watch?

I'm 18 and a boy, so far I haven't read a lot of books but I would like to start reading, books I read so far and liked are Harry Potter, Twilight, that's it lol..

maybe start giving some well known books to read?

movies I watched, mean girls, high school musical, jackie chen movies, I would like comedy movies

Of course, changes would also be good, sometimes different things might appear to be better.

tell me what you like to read and watch and tell me why, maybe something about you so I can consider like age, gender lol

wouldn't want to read all girl books but don't mind reading some

something make me happy not sad

• Bean
    Best Answer

I suggest reading Kurt Vonnegut, he's hilarious and has super cool stories. Tom Robbins is great, Charles Bukowski, J.D. Salinger, David Sedaris, John Steinbeck, etc.

As for movies....... Spinal Tap, The Wedding Singer, National Lampoon's European Vacation, Teen Wolf, Back to the Future, Amelie, etc.

Watch Free Movies Online

• akoon

continuously study the e book first! The action picture can not ever do justice to the e book using fact there merely isn't the time to comprise each scene. i've got by no potential seen a action picture produced from a e book that replaced into greater effective than the e book.

i agree with Mrs. Emmett Cullen<3. and to add, night at the museum, yes man, and evan almighty.

i'm a 23 y/o female by the way. but i don't like too much of girlie stuff. that explains why i don't read all the chic lit books.

i think you should go on reading some of the classic stuff. they're marvelous. catcher in the rye by j.d salinger. my all-time favourite. one of it, of course.

Based on the books you liked, you seem to like things that are engaging, quick reads, and have maybe a sci-fi or fantasy vibe. Eragon and its two sequels are recent bestsellers, but I personally prefer Dune by Frank Herbert. It's an action-filled sci-fi novel set on distant worlds in the future. it is very thoughtful without being a slog to read.

For movies... mean girls is a smart comedy, maybe something like best in show or idiocracy. for something a bit goofier and more like high school musical, try out the 80s "brat pack": the breakfast club, weird science, sixteen candles, etc. No one mixes comedy with action quite like jackie chan, but if you like slapstick, and are up for something with a lot of (hilarious) plot, maybe try noises off!.

btw i'm a 22 year old chick, i love movies, and i have a ton of guy nerd friends.

• maybe my book "Till the Last Digits of Pi" its basically for girls but i guess i guy might like it! It's funny and basically its the summer for three seniors. Check out www.tillthelastdigitsofpi.webs.com for more info but its either going to be in bookstores this winter (09') or next summer (2010)

Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien

Song of Ice and Fire by George Martin

Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

my son likes the Inkspell series but he's a little younger than you

you should read The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. it's an awesome series.

• Mila

book- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

movie- 50 first dates, how to lose a guy in 10 days, john tucker must die

soldier boys by dean hughes, really good book.