truce asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

isn't it inhumane to put live lobsters in boiling water?

should'nt that kind of thing be banned and just cook dead lobsters instead? i mean what is the purpose for putting them in boiling water alive??

• Jane
    Favorite Answer

They start to decompose immediately after killing them so it is best to drop them in live,.

They don't scream, that is the air/water leaving the shell.

It is more humane than eating them alive.

um well yes i do think that boiling living lobsters is inhumane, and unless there is a really good reason for why they can't be dead then that's my opinion.

That is a Myth, is that any different than freezing them?? I think not And No, they Do Not Scream when you put them in Boiling water, they were Given to us by the Alpha God to nourish our bodies, Thank God For Delicious Fresh Lobster!

Source(s): Self Knowledge, I used to think this when I was very young, My Mother proved it to me...

its not something I would do ..there are places where they are swimming around in a tank and you pick them they cook it so it is really fresh..where I live a new restaurant advertised they were going to do this, and when I saw the advert I thought omg people are not going to like this..well there was such an uproar they never went ahead with it...there will always be people and places where this will always be done but I think a lot of people are against it...lastly I cant see how it isnt painful its a living thing so it must feel some pain even if its only for a fleeting moment..

You must cook lobsters while they are still alive. It is not inhumane at all. Its good eats!!!!

Lobsters do not have a brain. For something to feel pain, it has to have a complex nervous system to process pain. There have been many studies done on this. You can get sick from eating a lobster that is already dead before you cook it.

no it is not.

when you boil them alive, they cook better.

and their brains are not complex enough to feel pain.

the screaming sound they make is from instinct, they really don't feel a thing.

so.... do whatever you want. it is ridiculous to not eat a lobster because it has been boiled. it is no different from any other way of killing it.

i would like to repeat, THEY FEEL NO PAIN!

Isn't it also inhumane how cattle are shocked on the head and then dangled from chains while in the meatpacking plant before they are actually killed and die when the first cut is made?

But a tender, juicy 12 oz NY strip steak with salt, pepper, and butter with broccoli and a baked potato are soooooooo worth it.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/bryantpark/2007/11/boilin...

There You'll know the answer :)

HOPE ii HELPED.

• yes it is highly inhumane it can be classed as animal abuse or worse TORTURE