Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 decade ago

Is there an online pharmacy I can consult for pain managment?

I have chronic back problems, but I don't have insurance to go to the doctor. Is there an online pharmacy that is reputable where I could get a consult and some help without physically seeing a doctor?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, not any more... You once could do this easily, but the DEA is cracking down on those businesses and imprisoning those doctors for lengthy periods of time. Also, most of these ops are fly-by-nights who will either send you counterfeit (and possibly dangerous) pills, use your credit card to commit fraud, or they are fronts put up by the DEA to catch people who traffick in these drugs.

Another problem is that if you can find a pharmacy that will sell you schedule III drugs, US Customs is well aware of the names of these companies and will seize packages sent from them. They also may send the police to your door, which really sucks and is never good!

The only legitimate pharmacy I know of is drugstore.com, but they do require a handwritten prescription/fax from a licensed US physician.

The only thing you can find these days that may actually get to you are things like tramadol, phentermine, and other similar drugs. No Vicodin, Morphine, or even Tylenol 3. If you live close to the Canadian border, you can buy Tylenol 1 or 2 over the counter. If you live close to Mexico, you can buy Demerol and other strong opioids OTC, and legally carry a 90 day supply across the border.

Feel free to search for what you want, but buyer beware. Look on Rip-Off Reports if you don't believe me - you'll see thousands of people who got completely screwed by online pain pharmacies. Good luck.

• 5 years ago

Source(s): Online Professional Medical Consultation - http://onlinephysician.neatprim.com/?nvng
  • 5 years ago

Narcotics The most popular narcotics available for labor and delivery include Demerol and Stadol. The narcotics do not take away the pain completely, but can help dull it for as long as the shot is effective. The shots go in through your IV and must be given in small doses because they can enter the blood stream, and get to your baby through the placenta. One of these shots normally provides relief for 30 minutes to 3 hours. Some women love using these narcotics, while others have complained about them making them feel loopy or sick. There is normally no way to know how narcotics will affect you until you take them. The good thing is that narcotics do not last a long time, and the effects will wear off quicklyl. Spinal Block/Epidural The spinal block and epidural are both administered by an anesthesiologist and enter your spinal column through a needle in your back. The pain relief from both of these is normally immediate and can last a while. However, after opting for a spinal block/epidural, most of the time, a woman can no longer move or walk around, so she is restricted to bed and given a catheter to empty her bladder. With the epidural a woman may still be able to feel the contractions, although she should not feel any pain. In some instances, however, depending on the dose of epidural given, a woman is unable to feel the contractions at all, and may find that it is difficult to push her baby out. Often the doctor will have to reduce or end the flow of medicine being given to the woman via the epidural line when it comes time to push, in order to get the baby to move down properly. If a woman is going to have a c-section, she will be given either a spinal block or an epidural rather than a narcotic General Anesthesia This form of pain relief is rarely used, and only generally in case of emergency, or if the baby has to be delivered in a hurry via c-section and there is not time to put in an epidural or spinal block. When a woman is given general anesthesia, the mood is generally hurried as the doctors try to get the baby out quickly. The problem with general anesthesia, and the reason it is not used more often, is that the drug can easily get into the baby’s lungs and affect his ability to breathe, or make him too sleepy to respond properly at birth. The mother also misses witnessing the birth of her baby when she is given this type of pain relief. There are many choices for pain relief when you go to deliver your baby. Make sure you research all ahead of time and know your options so when the big day comes you are able to make the best choice available for you and your unborn child. Read more on the website..and u can search other sites as well. there is tonz of info out there...Congrats on the baby and good luck! :-)

• 1 decade ago

Umm, my disc danced this morning so I am double the pain killers than normal. However I saw something on the Internet News Site, about consulting a Doctor via the video Internet and how it saves the money. Unfortunately I cannot recall if it was CNN Health?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.