Why does my printer say the ink level is low after having the cartridge refilled?

I have a lexmark x2500 printer. My husband took the cartridge (color 29) to Walgreens to have it refilled today. I put in it the printer and now I can't print anything. Finally a message popped up saying the that ink needed to be replaced because it's low. I this a problem with the printer or did Walgreens mess up the cartridge?

Favorite Answer

I had 2 carts refilled at walgreens and they each printed 3-4 pages and then empty. I wont go back there.

This problem is because the cartridges are designed to be replaced when empty, rather than refilled. They have an on-board chip which would need to be reprogrammed to make it appear like new, with the printer software showing a full ink chamber.

This reprogramming is easy for Epson printers, resetters being easily available. For other models it is not so easy. But it still works.

• duff

It can not be reset. as long because it keeps to print, you're effective. that is in straightforward terms a form of issues you will would desire to stay with. while it starts streaking, that is once you're working low on ink. OR with Dell and Lexmark cartridges, their ink turns to a tar in the event that they take a seat for too long. Be weary of this. I paintings at Cartridge international and that i run into this approximately 5 cases a week with purchasers. Regards, Brandon

Your printer is remembering that cartridge as the one it just emptied.

Many cartridges have an electronic signature which your printer remembers.

There is no way to clear or fix this, simply keep printing ignoring the low ink warning.

you have to tell the printer that you have replaced it so that it has registered it has new ink inside. The printer level will then be adjusted to full accordingly.

Some printers like mine (Canon) recognize that when u change a cartridge, it asks you which one you have replaced and adjusts the ink level(s) accordingly

Source(s): My own printer...

i have a lexmark printer too, and it always says the ink is low even when a new one is in. its really irritating, but mine does still print

reset the printer setings to say it is full their is really no sensor on a cartriage the pc just guesses about how long it will last do a calibration of the printer and select the full ink selection and calibrate it

You probably havent enterd on your computer that you refilled you ink. Try opening your printer and clousing it. Your computer should ask you if you replaced your ink of not.

sometimes it does that i used to have the same problem when i had that printer it should work you know but it doesn't hurt to get your printer checked

It could be that your black ink cartridge is empty, or that the cartridged got damaged, or you didn't put it in correctly.