what's the difference between corn starch and flour starch?

I have a recipe that calls for flour strach, and i can't find it in any market..

...could I use corn starch as a substitute for flour starch..?

Best Answer

I feel the only difference is the country of origin of the recipe and I would use the corn starch as a substitute. There is a product called corn flour and since I haven't heard of corn starch or flour starch, that is what I would use since it does the same thing and Anthony, you must be an ignorant retard for making those comments, because you obviously know nothing about cooking.

1

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Guide : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?FOFk
  • Cheryl

RE: What is the difference between thickening with flour and corn starch? I`m trying to stay away from white flour,is corn starch the same as flour or is it healthier?

Both are used as a thickening agent. Corn starch gives a more clear and slimy texture. Flour gives a more cloudy and pasty texture.

Both work well, but I think your recipe is just calling for flour.

Source(s): My own experience.

i wouldn't think there is a huge difference besides the fact that flour is usually made from grinding wheat and corn starch is made from corn kernels.

i would say it's ok to substitute one for the other.

think of it like the difference between corn tortillas and flour tortillas. corn is harder and when u bake with it it makes things flat and firm. when you cook with flour starch, it tends to puff up and soften. u probably could use it as a replacement since they don't "really" make a difference, ive never tried.

Source(s): personal cooking experience.

I'll have to agree with freckle about the country recipe origin.. i don't think i've seen flour starch in the US.. hmm..are you truing to make a cake or something...

ohh and i have to also agree with freckle about anthonys stupidness.. and hey other dude, before you play smart on other, try learning how to spell FLOWER dude.!.

corn starch is made from corn and flour is flour are u a retard no offence...

one has the word corn in it and one has flower

are you on drugs

looll.. ouch you guys are mean to that dude...haha..