Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is this movie about?

what is the movie My Bloody Valentine about?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Twenty years ago in the sleepy mining town of Valentine Bluffs, a methane gas explosion trapped five miners in a shaft when the foremen of the crew left early to attend the town's Valentine's Day dance. Six weeks later, the sole survivor of the accident, Harry Warden, was rescued; he survived on the flesh of his dead coworkers and went mad. After a year in an institution, he escaped on Valentine's Day killing and cutting out the hearts of the guilty crew foremen, leaving a warning that the same would happen if the town ever again held a Valentine's Day celebration.

With the legend of Harry Warden nothing but a distant memory, a group of young miners and their girlfriends decide that the town has gone without a party long enough. As the night of the dance approaches, a murderous maniac in mining gear begins dispatching townsfolk in bloody and creative ways.

The town Sheriff and Mayor quickly deduce it must be Harry Warden, who was returned to the Institution, and attempts by them to confirm Warden's status is hindered. Despite the murders, the young adults continue with their plans for a dance, laughing off the "stories" of the murderous Harry Warden.

As well as the spectre of Harry Warden causing tension, the recent return of T.J. Hanniger who left Valentine Bluffs for California to escape a lifetime career in the mines, is a sore spot among some others. In particular his former best friend Axel and girlfriend Sarah have become a couple due to his abandonment of both for California.

Finally the night of the dance is reached and as the Miner dispatches of several partakers, a group decide to venture into the mines to explore and impress the women. Realizing that a killer is on the loose, a rescue party composed of T.J. and Axel go after their friends and Sarah who was among the first group. The Miner has indeed followed them into the mine, killing most of them, and forcing T.J., Axel, Sarah and Patty to try to escape. Axel appears to be killed and Patty is murdered as well leaving only T.J. and Sarah.

On the surface the Mayor and Sheriff have learned the truth about Harry Warden's whereabouts and are preparing to lead a group of men into the mines. In the mine, the Miner attacks T.J. and Sarah on a moving rail line and the fight eventually is forced into an abandoned shaft where the integrity of the ceiling is in doubt. T.J. manages to remove the mask of the Miner to reveal the killer is not in fact Warden, but Axel. A flashback reveals that he witnessed the murder of his father, one of the Foremen, by Harry Warden when he was a boy.

Axel is buried in a cave-in and T.J. escapes from the shaft as the Sheriff and Mayor's group arrive, confirming that Warden died in the Sanitarium years earlier and Axel had been a witness, resting under the bed, when his father was killed. Efforts to dig him out commence as T.J. and Sarah look on. Axel's arm is visible but there's no sign of life.

It is soon revealed that the arm has been severed from Axel's body and as the two look through the small opening in the rocks, Axel (now missing an arm) has gone totally mad and is running deeper into the mine, calling out for Harry Warden and shouting back to Sarah to be "His bloody valentine."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tom (Ackles) returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the lives of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, however, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders, and it seems like his old flame (King) is the only one will believes he's innocent.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you watch it on 3D its worth it. If not, then don't even bother. It's a horror remake, and not all that great. The only cool thing about it was the 3D.

It's about a crazy coal miner going around killing people in a small town. It's rated R, so its pretty gruesome, gory, and has a fully naked chick running around. That part was awesome as well.

• 1 decade ago

The old school movie is one of my favs. It's about this guy going around killing people on valentine's day. He puts the hearts in the candy boxes..I can't remember why he does the killings though.

• 1 decade ago

to make it simple, its about a killer killing couples on valentines day.

• 1 decade ago

idk but i want to see it so bad and some of my friends have seen it they said it was pretty scary but i got to wait til it comes out on dvd to see it. cuz im not old enough to go and watch it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its a westen

• 1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.