what is reading for you?

i want to know if reading is very important to us.....

Favorite Answer

Reading is about comprehension, knowledge, and life.

If you read something and do not understand then your not going to get the full message or may even dislike reading. It is a common mistake for people to dislike reading or just read something for just the facts.

I admit I did not like reading my driver's training book I read it for the facts and I still did not understand how to apply the rules. While when I go to my college I have no problem with applying the stuff because I read it to understand rather than just the facts.

You can enter another world with reading and learn lessons that would of took a lifetime to learn otherwise.

Source(s): Personal Experience

Reading for me....let's see.

Well, I am a book worm, so this question sent a shock wave through my body. Anything I can read is a read I have read (right?). Ha. Reading to me is seeing with sight. Hearing without ears. Feeling and tasting without physically touching or feeling. It is the vast difference between life and fantasy, although it can be your life whenever you pick up the book and set it down. Reading is a portal to another world, where things happen controllably or uncontrolablly, and anything and everything occurs.

In simpler terms, reading is TV without the melting-your-brain part.

=]

Source(s): my nerdy head

Reading is very important to us and to our development. It is a means of pleasure and also deciphering truths and answers. Without reading I would not be able to answer your question on this forum.

Expand your horizon, learn more about the world which you can't realize in real life. Improve your imagination and literary quality. In a word, reading can bring people a lot.

Reading for me is taking my mind off life for a half an hour

Yes reading is very important to me. It builds my vocabulary and can be very entertaining. I have so many problems with people who write "pssh, like i read" in their facebook profiles and such. It makes them look retarded, not cool.

• yes. reading is extreamly important. and if you find a book, series or sometype of writting in your likeing it can be fun. rading is intrigueng 2 me n i find that i get better and better as time goes on i took an ela and finished b4 any1 else thanks 2 my new reading and writting habit

it brings me to the world in which i am reading, and allows me to escape...

YES ITS IMPORTANTa