geri
Lv 7
geri asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Can the President and the First lady have a private conversation in the white house?

Won't there be cameras everywhere and staff walking around all the time? =/ How awful, it hardly sounds like a home, more just a house.

Poor Mo & Bo.

If you've been in the white house before, where are the 'private areas' situated exactly, just in their own rooms & a living room?

Update:

Yes my mother can have a private conversation in the white house.

?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Panda
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What in the world are you talking about . . the President and his family have private quarters located in the White House . . and than he has an office in which he works from . . the Oval Office . . it is the Oval Office in which historically conversation is recorded (its what caught President Richard Nixon in a trap . . as his conversations with the 'all the Presidents men' revealed that he knew of their illegal activity and had approved 'hush money' to be paid out).

Nixon Ordered White House Tapes Destroyed

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/long...

The rest of the White House mansion is of historical significance and is considered a 'museum' and part of the National Park Service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House

• 4 years ago

existence in the White house is tough for the 1st family participants. Bess Truman replaced into famous for her distaste for the existence the 1st family participants had to steer on an identical time as their husband serves as President. She hated the shortcoming of privateness, the pomp and condition linked with respected purposes, and so on. The comments have been made in a private communication which makes the launch a suited occasion of how there is not any privateness while portion of the 1st family participants.

• 1 decade ago

There are certain parts of the white house that are off limits to cameras, like the bedrooms and bathrooms.

• Cody
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Introducing the new Chia Obama Head:

http://www.amazon.com/Chia-Handmade-Decorative-Pla...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I would think the bedroom and his private bathroom would be off limits. Think about the kids! They won't be able to get away with crap!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Of course they can. It's not like there's a bathroom attendant in the master bedroom.

• Jay
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I'm pretty sure there's no cameras in their bedroom. And I doubt a staffer will be standing beside the bed all night just in case they need something. So, yes, of course they can have a private conversation. Duh.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He will be communicating with his radical and terrorist buddies over his blackberry so why not?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What a vacuous query.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.