Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What happens if a Mormon forgets their secret Mormon temple password, how do they get into heaven?

Update 2:

alissa.are you old enough to attend the temple? if not, stfu...you don't know what your talking about.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This is an excellent question. Several of the Mormon responders just laughed this off, but I assume that's because it's coming from a non-Mormon and they either aren't endowed and don't know what you're talking about or they just don't have an answer.

But the fact is there is little more than speculation available to Mormons wondering how the temple ordinances actually fit in to the more traditional idea of Judgment Day. What if you were an unrepentant Sabbath breaker but knew all the names and signs? Or supposing you were a real Saint, doubled your fast offerings every time a high councilman asked, visited your home teaching families twice a month, ate very little meat ... but somehow misremembered your new name and couldn't come up with it?

The simplest explanation, in my view: Joseph made it up as he went along.

• spivey
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The temple is a sacred place we visit to make sacred covenants with God by ordinances, purely like baptism is an ordinance achieved in making a covenant with Christ that we are going to maintain on together with his occasion. The temple ordinances are there to help us stay extra Christ-like lives and to help us be extra valuable people. the rationalization why non-Mormons or maybe Mormons below the age of 18 do no longer enter the temple is because is significant understand and stay the basics of the Gospel of Jesus Christ before, purely like a student will would desire to understand Algebra before shifting directly to Calculus. in any different case, this sort of guy or woman getting into the temple does no longer probable understand a good number of what is going on. Anywho, i desire i became waiting to be of a few help. in case you have the different questions be at liberty to message me.

• 1 decade ago

You are referring to the LDS Temple Endowment.

The following is from a talk by LDS leader Russell M. Nelson:

In the temple we receive an endowment, which is, literally speaking, a gift. We need to understand the spiritual significance of it and the importance of keeping the sacred covenants and obligations we make in receiving this gift. Each “temple ordinance is not just a ritual to go through, it is an act of solemn promising.” (1)

The temple endowment was given by revelation. Thus, it is best understood by revelation, vigorously sought with a pure heart. President Brigham Young (1801–77) explained that “your endowment is, to receive all those ordinances in the house of the Lord, which are necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father, passing the angels who stand as sentinels, … and gain your eternal exaltation.” (2)

Source(s): Russell M. Nelson, “Prepare for Blessings of the Temple,” Ensign, Mar 2002, 17 (1) Hinckley, Teachings, 638. (2) Discourses of Brigham Young, sel. John A. Widtsoe (1941), 416.
  • Sluggo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Good to know memory will return at death. There is the secret name you are given in the temple, the secret handshakes, and the whole ritual where the husband has to reach through the veil and get his wife.

And if you forget during this life, you can't get back to the temple to redo it unless you pay 10 percent to the church for a year, like a bribe. Which wouldn't be so bad if the LDS church would give you some clue what they do with your money besides build shopping malls.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well every woman and every man get the same *name of the day* and the LDS church *CAN* look it up.

Say your date was Feb 17th, 2001, well, all the names for the ladies that day (at all the temple doing an endowment) would be Rebecca, and Job for the Men. They are all Biblical names or names from their Book of mormon.

This is shocking to learn as a mormon. A little faith disturbing.

The woman are to tell their (husbands only) their *new name.* BUT the men are not to TELL anyone.

Nothing that happens in the LDS temple is to be discussed outside temple walls.They are taught to be VERY vauge.

Looking Back, its is so absurd.

Edit: and No, I do not think Momrons are damned and going to *hell.*

Source(s): ex mormon
  • 1 decade ago

HAHAHA. Secret mormon temple password? you're sooooo gullible.

Edit: yes I am old enough, I even have my temple recommend, which isn't a secret Mormon password but rather a card with a bar code saying that I'm worthy to enter :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sorry, they must have a temple recommend to get into the front door and know the handshake, its not a passwird and they do get a new name.

• 1 decade ago

ive asked this same question, i will have to look at the link later.

but it is obvious. if the temple endowment is forgotten there is not exaltation. but then again memory seems to be perfect when a person dies.

• 1 decade ago

When you die, you will have the knowledge you have earned while living on earth. When you die, your spirit will continue to live it will just be separated from your body which will come back to the soil. Actually even this thing that you are reading from me, you will remember it when you die.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.