Would you agree that Pop Music is underrated in R&P?

This is a quasi question/opinion here so bare with me, I seem to notice that even though R&P complains about the people who ask questions like "why aren't rock and pop separated?" we do nothing to really prove why they shouldn't be, I mean don't you think if R&P actually asked questions about... show more This is a quasi question/opinion here so bare with me, I seem to notice that even though R&P complains about the people who ask questions like "why aren't rock and pop separated?" we do nothing to really prove why they shouldn't be, I mean don't you think if R&P actually asked questions about Pop music on a normal basis that people would (for the most part) stop asking that question? I have plenty of artists I love that are considered more "pop" but a lot of times if you say you like a pop song (whether it be old or new) you get criticized, some people here seem to think its bad or wrong or cheesy to like something like "Total Eclipse of the Heart" (by bonnie tyler) or Michelle Branch.

So I guess my real question/challenge here is, R&P why don't you ask a question about Pop music? It doesn't matter from when, it can be a question about something likee Fine Young Cannibals, or Leif Garrett, or Katy Perry, it doesn't matter.

I don't really expect many answers a I have seen a huge decline in them for my questions over the past couple months, but whatever, I just hope and can get a few reg's to answer this.

BQ: Favorite song by The Carpenters?
BQ2: Favorite song by T.L.C.?
BQ3: Favorite song by Culture Club?
Update: BTW I know pop is short for "popular", but over the last half the 20th century it took a different meaning.