Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Wisdom Teeth Surgery?

I just got back from the surgery and all 4 of my wisdom teeth have been removed, Does anybody know how long it will take for it to heal?

Any tips on going through the after effects of the the surgery. (I was put to sleep for the surgery)

Favorite Answer

Ooh, it depends on your body.

Don't let anyone tell you any horror stories.

Just hold in there.

A long time ago I had all of my wisdom teeth removed as they were impacted I suggest that you rinse your mouth out with salt water after eating and perhaps drinking anything but water(1 teaspoon salt to glass of warm water). It will be about 7-10 days to heal but everyone is different.Expect your face to be a bit bruised and swollen for a couple of days and take your usual painkillers if you are in pain. As for after effects of surgery simple common sense do not drive or drink try and relax and take things easily and it is best if you do not stay by yourself for the first 12-24 hours hope this helps

Source(s): retired nurse/personal experience
  • blsdca

just relax, drink lots of fluids, and take your painkillers before you actually start hurting. they work better that way. and anesthesia makes me nauseous, so stick to sprite or something that is easy on your stomach. and follow all the dr's rules- no sucking out of straws, smoking, etc. i got dry socket and it sucked! it should start feeling considerably better in a week or so. and don't go to disneyland the day after being put under and having all four impacted teeth out like i did- it was miserable. but hey, now i know exactly where the nurse's office is at disneyland.

don't do anything if at all possible just hang around the house, the more you to the longer it will take. but It was 3-4 days before I was back to normal but the it will be tinder there for a while there after

It took about a week for me, if I remember right. I had a lot of pain the following 3-4 days, and I needed my painkillers!

my surgery went perfect. It only took I think four days to heal...man it was a while ago. I just remember it not hurting...and I just ate soft foods, I made sure not to eat anything hard. Good reason to eat ice cream if you like it!

I had four done at the same time and went home right after. If u r going to have one pulled, my best advice is stay in bed 4 a week; the more u move @, the easier it is to get an infection.

It takes about 2 to 3 weeks on average. Keep rinsing with salt water or w/e solution they give you(if they give you any that is) and also don't eat any hard foods, it hurts like hell.

It took me about 4 days for the pain to go away. it was a little sore for about a week after that. just take your medicine and you will feel sooo much better :) just try to sleep alot. the medicine they gave me made me feel really tired.

Keep a bucket handy, you might feel nauseous later. Don't eat anything you wouldn't want to hurl.

Takes about two-three weeks.