How did Satan convince other angels to join him in his rebellion?

Satan wanted to be "like the Most High", but the fallen angels all knew that in following him, they would still be subordinate to someone. What could he have said to that would have convinced them it was a good idea to betray God?

• mpcotk
    Favorite Answer

The reason alot of them, a third [1/3] to be precise was that it was not a question of subordination but a question of soverignty, or the right to Rule.

Revelation 12:3& 4 tells us about the amount of angels that left God's side

3 And another sign was seen in heaven, and, look! a great fiery-colored dragon, with seven heads and ten horns and upon its heads seven diadems; 4 and its tail drags a third of the stars of heaven, and it hurled them down to the earth.

what was questioned in the Garden of Eden, was the Right to Rule;

Read the Following

Genesis 3:4-5 - "At this the serpent said to the woman: “YOU positively will not die. 5 For God knows that in the very day of YOUR eating from it YOUR eyes are bound to be opened and YOU are bound to be like God, KNOWING good and bad.”

Satan was Calling God a liar. He also stated that humans can be like God. Satanist now claim that they themselves are gods, which is exactly what the Bible said.

Anyways, you're asking about Whay Convinced them. Some were hesitant in the begining but some wanted to be worshiped like Satan. Its true that Satan Is called the Ruler of this world and he declare this himself when he Tempted Jesus

Matthew 4:8-10 - "Again the Devil took him along to an unusually high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory, 9 and he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” 10 Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan!"

what about his Demons, his followers, will they get to rule with him, Satan? Yes as indicated by Daniel.

Daniel 10:2 - "2 In those days I myself, Daniel, happened to be mourning for three full weeks"

Daniel was sad and so God sent and Angel. in the following an angel is speaking to Daniel

Daniel 10:13 - "13 But the prince of the royal realm of Persia was standing in opposition to me for twenty-one days, and, look! Mi′cha‧el, one of the foremost princes, came to help me; and I, for my part, remained there beside the kings of Persia."

a human king cannot stop an angel and so this gives us an indication that it was a spirit creature, a Demon Prince of Persia. Co Ruler with Satan. They too had power to rule. Is there more? yes

Daniel 10:20 -  "So he went on to say: “Do you really know why I have come to you? And now I shall go back to fight with the prince of Persia. When I am going forth, look! also the prince of Greece is coming."

Another Demon, but this time he is called the Prince of Greece. That is why Satan was able to tempt Jesus by offereing up what was his in the first place.

Trust me I've looked into this subject several times and when i was an Athiest i began reading books from diferent Religion and alot of them when compare are very similar Except the Biblical God, for they were the only MOnothiest (belief in one god) rather than polythiest (belief of Many Gods. ex: trinity)

What i came to understand is that it wasnt what convinced them but rather what they desired to have? God made Humans and Angels to Have free will, if not we would have been robots, but the ability to chose for ourselves. Satan was an Angel that had a very high standing before God but he chose to go up against God, and so must the other ones for they coveted being worshiped, praised, and some were just standing and watching all of this, doubt, envy and selfishness began to creep into thier hearts. They watched until they wanted it for themselves.

• Robbie

Interesting question.

According to the myth, 1/3 of the angels "fell" with Lucifer.

Since there are only 3 archangels mentioned in the bible (Gabriel, Michael, Lucifer), my guess is that there is a form of hierarchy of administration there, and the "lower" angels were divided into 3 groups, each "commanded" by an archangel.

The angels under Lucifer probably didn't need a great deal of convincing

to follow their "chief"

But that's just my opinion.

• Doctor

In God's plan we would all be tested. We would have to choose between good and evil. Some of us would fail. It would be difficult. We would have to learn to live by faith, trust in God, and obedience.

Satan's plan was to save all of us by taking away our right to choose. We would have no choice but to follow him and return to God. Satan wanted God's power. The other angels wanted a gurantee of salvation.

Not unlike what some politicians promise today.

It was power. You have to understand what Lucifer looked like. An Archangel held tremendous power, though it compared little to God...an example, Ezekiel the prophet is speaking to the King of Tyre who Satan has possessed. He begins speaking to Satan inside of the man...

Ezekiel 28: 12 - 19

“You were the model of perfection,

full of wisdom and exquisite in beauty.

13 You were in Eden,

the garden of God.

Your clothing was adorned with every precious stone[b]—

red carnelian, pale-green peridot, white moonstone,

blue-green beryl, onyx, green jasper,

blue lapis lazuli, turquoise, and emerald—

all beautifully crafted for you

and set in the finest gold.

They were given to you

on the day you were created.

14 I ordained and anointed you

as the mighty angelic guardian.[c]

You had access to the holy mountain of God

and walked among the stones of fire.

15 “You were blameless in all you did

from the day you were created

until the day evil was found in you.

16 Your rich commerce led you to violence,

and you sinned.

So I banished you in disgrace

from the mountain of God.

I expelled you, O mighty guardian,

from your place among the stones of fire.

17 Your heart was filled with pride

because of all your beauty.

Your wisdom was corrupted

by your love of splendor.

So I threw you to the ground

and exposed you to the curious gaze of kings.

18 You defiled your sanctuaries

with your many sins and your dishonest trade.

So I brought fire out from within you,

and it consumed you.

I reduced you to ashes on the ground

in the sight of all who were watching.

19 All who knew you are appalled at your fate.

You have come to a terrible end,

and you will exist no more.”

Scholars remark on how Lucifer's entire body was a splendor of instruments, his wings and voice sounded like an orchestra for which he led worship for God. He was essentially beauty beyond compare, except for that of God. His own body compiled of jewels as well.

Satan, a conniver offered the angels power. Angels also have a choice to worship as well. Greed consumed their hearts and rebellion set in.

Now there is only ONE archangel that we know of: Micheal, God's Soldier. Gabriel was never regarded with power or having any other distinct trait than delivering messages for God, which other angels do.

• Josh6

He convinced them the same way he is convincing man today to follow him.

His usual tactic is to twist words around. Thus: Did God really say?

Source(s): The Unveiling of the Trinity.

I'm building a time machine right now. I'll try to go back and catch up with u later keep the post open till then x

Just like here on earth, there are crash dummies. They are not leaders they are followers! Listening to someone because they are being a crash dummy instead of being a leader like they should be!

• hey!

Remember, he was THE most beautiful angel. When he moved or spoke, he created music. Aren't we, as humans, attracted to beautiful people & often befriend them for selfish reasons?

Well, they might have been decieved. They might have thought Lucifer was God and followed him that way.

well they must of agreed with his points of view