Is this Child Endangerment?

My step daughters mom has been with five different men in the past year. I am not saying that is a bad thing but within two weeks of knowing them she moves in with them and takes my step daughter with her. Then within that first month she leaves her alone with her new boyfriend all the time. While she as at work shopping out with friends ect. Even after she had broken up with her last my step daughter was living with her ex and not her. No matter how hard we try to get her, her mother comes back and causes trouble and takes her away. She has even gone as far as attacking my husband while he was holding my stepdaughter. She lies to everyone and we are just sick of it. I would just like to know if we can prove child endangerment by moving her in and out of mens homes.


I am defintily looking for the best interest for my step daughter. I love her like my own and it breaks my heart that I can't have her. She is eight and I have known her since she was one and a half. I have two of my own and as of now can only dream that she could have the life she deserves. I do as much as I can. I could go on for days all things me and my family have done for her but it never seems to matter because she goes back to her mom and its like we never even did it. Her mom has a bad habit of taking things back that we give her and telling her awful things about us. I seriously could go on and on, it is such a touchy subject.

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I’m a Father’s Rights Advocate for 20 years.

    Many think the courts are rigged against dads, but in reality, it is more about attorneys unwilling or lacking the knowledge to truly fight for the father's rights. This is why it is important to learn how to interview and hire the right attorney. It is also important to do as much as possible on your own and not pay the attorney to do it.

    Start keeping a daily journal of all your activities. The most common way to prevent a father from getting his rights through the courts is a false allegation, usually sexual. Over 60% of divorcing father are accused of child sexual abuse, of which only 4% are found to have any relevance, but there are no penalties for doing so. A daily journal is your number one piece of evidence in court and you can even refer to it while on the stand.

    Gather evidence. Check the site below to see if it is illegal to record conversations without the other person knowing. If your state does not have a law either way, than it defaults to the federal ruling which says one person in a conversation must know they are being recorded. You’re that one person. In Missouri it is specifically legal, in Kansas there is no mention either way. If you live in two different states, and one has a law against it, than it applies when the call originates from within that state,

    Now, you can't just record, you also have to transcribe it into the daily journal.

    If you want to learn how to do all this go to Dads House in Yahoo Groups. There's an educational manual in the file section that can teach you what you need to know. The organization it came from is defunct due to attorneys that tried to take it over and make money from it.

    Take the time to learn what you can and should do.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    She is careless and inconsiderate of her own daughter. Everything that you described the mother doing can really mess that little girl up mentally. She's not showing/teaching her daughter any morals, values,or standards. It's very un-healthy for the little girl. You need to do the right thing and report her to CFS. Child and Family Services. They'll will atleast remove the little girl from mothers home until the mother is financially,mentally and emotionally stable to raise her daughter. You know, don't do this just to hurt the mother. Only do it, of your looking out for the best interest of the little girl. Hope this helps!

  • 1 decade ago

    yes she is in danger and if you can prove it you can get her taken away. I really pray nothing will happen to her, but that is i hope common sense to not leave a girl with a guy who you barley know. I have a "friend" that did that too, she meet a guy at a night club and the next week was moving in with him and leaving her daughter with his family which he didn't even know. I wish you luck and i hope you the best.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Well, if it's not causing negative effects on the kid, I doubt you could call it that. I'm sure in the long term, it might be bad.

    You're best option it to talk to social services people privately about that. Remember though, that woman is her biological mother, so she has strong rights over her.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    the best thing to do is talk to cps, tell them everything thats going on, tell them that she is leaving her with strange men, and that you think its taking a negative toll on the life of your stepdaughter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.