Controlling mind!...Is it possible to ‘win over’/ keep away from ‘natural, hormonal temptations!?’?

Hi, I’m very sincere in asking this question – I’m 45yrs.old, male, single….just a normal man only…no abnormalities…I’m not giving these details just for fun but to give clarity to my question…coming to the point, since my teenage, I thought of controlling ‘sexual thoughts’… I always tries to suppress those... show more Hi, I’m very sincere in asking this question – I’m 45yrs.old, male, single….just a normal man only…no abnormalities…I’m not giving these details just for fun but to give clarity to my question…coming to the point, since my teenage, I thought of controlling ‘sexual thoughts’… I always tries to suppress those thoughts but in vain...I couldn’t win over ‘controlling these thoughts’ as I desired and always failed to do so…whenever I tried to control these thoughts, quite opposite thing happens….thus wastes lot of time…in one sentence, these are stumbling blocks in my life and to my progress…these thoughts haunt me each and every time, whenever I see opposite sex….I don’t know whether I’m suffering from any syndrome to this effect or born with excess ‘cancer like thoughts’ in this aspect….whatever is the thing, the essence of my question is ‘can any one truly controlled these thoughts and came out as winner’ in the long run?....means ‘can we really control our mind with self discipline and make our mind listens to our ‘self order’ only but not to ‘hormonal order’?...can’t we really do what we wish to do instead of succumbing to these hormonal temptations or natural things?.....my question is – can’t we control these natural thoughts?...I know these are natural and comes in its natural way…but my point here is about control of mind….can’t we control these natural thoughts and can’t we order our mind to go as per our order instead of hormonal order/natural drive ways?....Are there any methods to calm down our mind and to have a control on that and to make it act like our slave!…in most cases, we are slaves to mind but not masters…I truly want to become ‘master’, not ‘slave’ and want to have full control on what I intend to do as per my wish & will but not to whims and fancies of mind…I want my mind listens and acts to my order only but not to external or internal temptations…‘can anybody helps me ‘how to get this state of control on our mind’….hope I made myself clear?!...please help me, if you can!