Help with my hp officejet printer!!!!?

It is a hp officejet 5510 all-in-one printer. The problem is that it says:

"Error:

Incorrect black cartridge installed."

I checked, and I have the right cartridge. Then i cleaned it like the trouble shoot said to on hp.com. I don't want to go out and buy new cartages and such. Can anyone help?

Favorite Answer

http://www.misterinkjet.com/hpreset.htm ; Scroll down and you will find links to pages for the #56 & #57 cartridge serial number reset procedure.

If the above doesn't resolve your problem, try removing both cartridges, then - with the printer still turned "ON", unplug the power supply cord from the back of the machine. After one minute has passed, press down and hold both the "#" button and the "6" button on the keypad and while pressing those buttons, reach back and plug the power cord back into the machine. The LED readout will indicate "Initializing" and "Reset..." Then, release the "#" and "6" buttons and wait until the machine re-initializes and prompts you to install ink cartridges. Reinstall the cartridges and see if the problem is resolved. The reset procedure, as well as other troubleshooting procedures (paper jams, ink cartridge jams, etc.) .

Another way of working around the cartridge error problem is to keep at least 3 sets of cartridges on hand, using the newest sets for re-filling. You may have to switch out 2 or 3 times just to get the machine's memory maxed out, but the third set should work. This particular method works best with OEM HP cartridges, but I've heard it works with other brands, too.

good luck !