Can i use AVG, Ad-Aware, and Spybot Search and Destroy on the same computer?
i have AVG free which is great and ad-aware which is nice too and now can i download spybot search and destroy as well or is it not compatible? by the way ad-aware gets rid of adware, AVG is antivirus, spybot gets rid of spyware, what gets rid of malware??? and there are only spyware, adware, and malware right? thanks!
- gospielerLv 71 decade agoBest Answer
AVG, Ad-Aware and Spybot can be installed together with no problem between them. That's a good security combination if you also include a Firewall.
Any malicious computer software that interferes with normal computer functions it's a malware (MALicious softWARE).
Malware includes computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, and spyware.
• Virus is a program which has infected some executable software and which causes that software, when run, to spread the virus to other executable software.
• Worms is a program which actively transmits itself over a network to infect other computers. The difference between a virus and a worm is that a virus requires user intervention to spread, whereas a worm spreads automatically.
• Trojan is a program disguised as something innocuous or desirable, and the user may be tempted to install it without knowing what it does.
• Spyware which sends information about you and your computer to somebody else.
Other types of undesired programs:
• Adware is any software which automatically plays, displays, or downloads advertisements to a computer after the software is installed on it or while the application is being used.
• Hijackers it takes control of various parts of your web browser, including your home page, search pages, and search bar
• Dialers are programs that set up your modem connection to connect to a 1-900 number and you must pay.
• Rootkits are programs that are designed to mask the function of trojans and spyware.
• Key loggers: capture and record the user keystrokes and mouse operation
• And others.
There are other programs that can detect dialers, rootkits, keyloggers, check http://www.majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=20 for recommendations.
- 1 decade ago
I would go with AVG, Spybot and Malewarebytes. And maybe try SuperAntiSpyware. I am not a big fan of Adaware. Another thing, make sure you update them on a regular basis and so some scans with them every so often.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- pawdres2k3Lv 61 decade ago
Check out www.malwarebytes.org for a good malware removal tool. And yes, you can run all of the program you've listed on the same computer.
- Anonymous3 years ago
Need more details
- 1 decade ago
go to cnet.com and the downloads section.
Hope this helpsSource(s): cnet