Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Am I wrong to keep telling this 17 year old girl I'm friends with that she isn't "premium" enough yet?

I'm 30 and I'm always telling her that I love her like a little sister and that she is an awesome girl, but that as far as her looks go, she isn't what I'd consider to be premium yet. I mean, she is pretty, but obviously, she's not a perfect ten and I think it's very important to keep reminding her of that. She has modeled since she was six years old, but she has no intention of pursuing it professionally as an adult. She graduates from high school as the valedictorian of her class in June and has already been accepted to an Ivy League school, so it's a good thing she has the brains to carry her since her looks are just subpar. She keeps telling me to "shut it" and that it's sexist and demeaning of me to keep criticizing her appearance but I think it's important to. I only do it because I think she needs to gain weight, and insulting her is the only way she'll listen. Am I really being such a jerk to her? I mean, it's important for girls her age to become resilient to criticism from men, right?

So here are a few pics. Yahoo won't let me post the entire link. Please paste the first part of the address and then add the second bit.

http://tinypic.

com/2mpixut4

Mary, she's not ugly at all. She's been a model for 11 years. I just think she could be prettier if she gained weight.

Favorite Answer

did anyone actually look at those pics? shes a hottie..guys are going to fall all over her in college, ur gonna wish u werent so old sonnn

and yeah, you are a dick..if you're her friend even if she happened to be medicore, which she isnt, but if she was, a good friend would accept the way their friend looks and not judge. a real friend thinks their friend is perfect no matter how they look (unless it presents a health issue). Unless she has an eating disorder and looks unhealthy, you're the only person in the world that would tell a girl to gain weight. it's people like you that diminish other's self-esteem.

• Traci

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR! xo EDIT: Oh, wait, I read the question. I think said "girl" should be allowed to date a bit before an arranged marriage like this. Something is not right here. Was the mother paid off? Does the girl have "issues" and this is the best her mom feels she can get? This just seems unsavory. Though, 100 years ago, such arrangements were common in the US. Sometimes the guys were much older.

You are 30 years old and an asshole. It is not important of you to keep reminding her she is not a perfect 10, no one is! She can look however she wants to look. Maybe that is her body style? So, in conclusion you are an asshole and you need to go find someone your own age to criticize.

First of all...its wrong you are friends with a 17 yr old girl.....get some friends whom are closer in age! You must be a sick pedofile looking to relive his glory days! Think about this buddy!

Models do need to gain a lil weight.

Are you sure you're not just trying to beat down her confidence so she'll think that you're good looking?

...and why are you talking to a 17 year old girl so much?

i dont know her weight situation, but i think you should shut up!

for some girls its losing weight but its just as hard for others to gain it, i know its hard to understand but my bestfriend has a problem gaining it. she eats a TON and people are always telling her she is TOO skinny, and it upsets her just as much as if someone was to tell me i was TOO fat! no girl should have to put up with a guy telling her that, i sure as hell wouldnt!!

You Pervert; your 30!

Find Somebody Your Own Age....!!

you are an asshole

i was expecting you to be saying this because you're too old for her and she won't listen. but no, you're just mad at her for not being pretty enough. and then you tell her that to her face.