Can a seller sue me for backing out of a contract?

I didnt exactly sit down with a real estate agent and a seller in an office and sign 50 papers. I just signed what I thought was a contract to maybe purchase the place which my real estate agent brought to me. It was the standard real estate contract, but like I said, I never personally went to an office with the... show more I didnt exactly sit down with a real estate agent and a seller in an office and sign 50 papers. I just signed what I thought was a contract to maybe purchase the place which my real estate agent brought to me. It was the standard real estate contract, but like I said, I never personally went to an office with the seller across the table and agreed to everything in a contract. Can this seller actually sue me for backing out right now? IF so, how much can he sue me for? I paid 500 for an appraisal fee. So that is how much I have put into it so far. I would think he can't sue me as He hasn't paid me anything nor I him. I live in Texas. Can anybody give me some advice?
3 answers 3