Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Wicked the movie release date?

I heard that wicked is coming out as a movie and I can't find the release date anywhere! So, it would be a good help if you know or give me a link that says that.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They have to start filming a movie before they can even think about a release date. The movie is still in the writing stage right now. So don't hold your breath for it to be in theaters anytime in the next 3 years at least! These things take awhile! Sad, but true.

• 1 decade ago

There will be a movie but when - who knows! Imdb has said it will come out at 2010 but that is highly unlikely. I don't think a film will be made for ages because it's basically a new musical anyway and with it being so popular as a stage Musical they might wait until ticket sales go down. I found a link of a Kristin Chenoweth interview and she reckons the film could take a while. When you look a films like 'The Phantom Of The Opera' and 'Chicago' you'll see that they where made 20 to 25 years after the original stage play so i wouldn't hold your breath.

I, as a massive Wicked fan, personally think that they should wait a while before making a film because i don't want the film to ruin wicked as a musical. I do think it would be a good film though. Hope this helps!

Source(s): www.comicmix.com/news/2008/11/27/wicked-film-inevitable and www.imdb.com/title/tt1262426/
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My guess is 2014. It will happen as surely as the sun comes up each morning, but it might take a while. They'll want to release a movie right at the crest of its popularity.

Really we don't know what date it will be, but Gregory Maguire has guessed 2014, and that seems pretty likely.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.