Wicked the movie release date?

I heard that wicked is coming out as a movie and I can't find the release date anywhere! So, it would be a good help if you know or give me a link that says that.

Favorite Answer

They have to start filming a movie before they can even think about a release date. The movie is still in the writing stage right now. So don't hold your breath for it to be in theaters anytime in the next 3 years at least! These things take awhile! Sad, but true.

There will be a movie but when - who knows! Imdb has said it will come out at 2010 but that is highly unlikely. I don't think a film will be made for ages because it's basically a new musical anyway and with it being so popular as a stage Musical they might wait until ticket sales go down. I found a link of a Kristin Chenoweth interview and she reckons the film could take a while. When you look a films like 'The Phantom Of The Opera' and 'Chicago' you'll see that they where made 20 to 25 years after the original stage play so i wouldn't hold your breath.

I, as a massive Wicked fan, personally think that they should wait a while before making a film because i don't want the film to ruin wicked as a musical. I do think it would be a good film though. Hope this helps!

Source(s): www.comicmix.com/news/2008/11/27/wicked-film-inevitable and www.imdb.com/title/tt1262426/

My guess is 2014. It will happen as surely as the sun comes up each morning, but it might take a while. They'll want to release a movie right at the crest of its popularity.

Really we don't know what date it will be, but Gregory Maguire has guessed 2014, and that seems pretty likely.