Why do Christians fear psychics? ?

The bible speaks of prophecy as a gift form God.Why are so may Christians afraid of them?

www.choicetreasures.com

Favorite Answer

I don't know if fear is the right way to describe it. I would think that it is more like suspicion & skepticism because there are so many charlatans around.

PROPHET:

One who receives divinely inspired revelations: the writer of one of the Prophetic books of the Bible: one regarded by a group of followers as the final authoritative revealer of God's will.

A prophet is of the divine (heavenly) realm. Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel are called the major prophets in the Bible because the are contained in individual scrolls. There are minor prophets as well, but are all contained in one scroll. The prophet is a person, not a microphone. He is endowed with a mission, with the power of a word not his own.

PSYCHIC:

Lying outside the sphere of physical science or knowledge: immaterial, moral, or spiritual in origin or force; sensitive to nonphysical or supernatural forces and influences : marked by extraordinary or mysterious sensitivity, perception, or understanding.

The word 'psychic' pertains to the mind or soul; mental, as distinguished from the physical and physiological. It is commonly used today by people when referring to the paranormal, occult or supernatural. Those claiming to possess extraordinary powers use the word to describe their particular abilities and attributes regardless of how they are applied or manifested. Thus, a clairvoyant's ability to see the future would be described as 'psychic', as would a tarot card reader's intuitive reading, and the power to move objects using the human mind (telekinesis) would also be a physical manifestation of psychic powers.

WHY DO CHRISTIANS FEAR PSYCHICS? There is nothing to fear. Honestly, the psychics are more frightening. They can move objects using their mind, like bending forks. I wonder if they could move me off this planet? Hmm....

• Karl P

Deuteronomy 18:9-12.

• TRUE Christians like myself do not fear psychics cause Jesus Christ (Yeshua) is mightier than they are and demons who are inhabiting the person-psycic tremble at the name of Jesus Christ! Prophecy is a gift from God but is always 100% Correct if they're not it's not from God, and all psychics on t.v. etc...... have not always benn 100% reliable-correct. Christian who do have a fear of psychics aren't trusting Yeshua to wholly take care of them because of the black magic etc...... Hope I helped clarify this question! (:

God didn't give a Christian the spirit of fear.....fear is of the devil..I have never seen a psychic that scared me....prophecy is a gift from God but I don't think God was to proud of soothsayers

To be honest I do not fear them. There is a huge difference between A Prophet and a Psychic

A prophet is not the same as being "psychic".

And it's not just Christians who are 'afraid' of psychics. Only a nutty minority give psychics any credit.

Source(s): The Village Atheist! xD

The Bible also speaks of "false" prophets. The liars, and charlatans, which most are. Fear them? No, their power to inflict people with curses and ailments is as fake as their powers of prophesy.

Fear psychics?? Ha! Ha! Now, THAT is funny!

Actually I fear FOR the people that believe their ramblings!

Psychics aren't prophets.

When I've been approached by someone calling themself a psychic and I tell him/her that I do not require their services because I am redeemed in Jesus Christ - I'll tell you, they don't like that very much.

The fear is most certainly from their end.