Why in NCIS is McGee called probie all the time?

i just started watching re-runs of the show and can never figure out why they call him that.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

DiNozzo has alternated between calling McGee "probie", "McGeek", or simply "McGee" from the day McGee started at NCIS. "Probie" is a shorted name for "probationary agent" which McGee was when he finally joined the team officially as an agent at the beginning of season 2. Technically, he is no longer a "probie" but DiNozzo seems to want to continually remind McGee of his place in the team's hierarchy. However, we all know that they view each other with brotherly admiration, so it's all in fun

• 3 years ago

Ncis Probie

• 3 years ago

Probie Ncis

• Lisa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ocRfJ

He called McGee that the first year that McGee was an agent with NCIS, because the first year of being an agent, you are considered a probationary agent, thus the nickname probie. He called Ziva that too, the first year she became an official NCIS agent, and not working for father anymore.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Donna
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

scy80 and maurice are correct!....Here is a list of other names that Tony has called him:

Aqua Smurf

Dork

McFreaky

McGee

McGeek

McGeeko

McGiggle

McGoo

McGoogle

McGPS

McLawyer

McLoverboy

McMuse

McNerd

McOz

McProbie

McRomeo

McScout

McSneaky

McTardy

McTim

Plucky

Probie

Probie Pan

Probie-san

Probie Wan Kenobi

Probilicious

Tim

Timmy

Tiny Tim

Special Agent Goodwrench

McG

McSoftie

McCranky

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why in NCIS is McGee called probie all the time?

i just started watching re-runs of the show and can never figure out why they call him that.

Source(s): ncis mcgee called probie time: https://shortly.im/AWS77
  • 6 years ago

I used to think that DiNozzo was being a bully or a loud - mouthed colossal a - hole to McGee because of the snide remarks, shots, etc., he took at Tim McGee, but he does have an admiration for the guy, which he has admitted to on more than 1 occasion.

I've had good friends who've insulted me & if they didn't, I'd think something was wrong with them. :)

Source(s): Life experience as well as TV / pop culture.
  • 6 years ago

Even Gibbs is called Probie by his former partner so it really never ends.

• 1 decade ago

scy80 has answered the question suberbly, and i would just like to add that gibbs first partner mike franks, who appears in the show from time to time over the last few series', still calls gibbs "probie".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The title "Probie" is short for probationary officer, or anyone else who is on probation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.