Is a home warranty worth it?

Hello. My wife and I bought our first home last year and the seller bought a home warranty to go with it. The home warranty is up and it is time to either renew or not. The cost is $445. The company is HMS Home Warranty. In the first year it wouldn't have been worth it because, knock on wood, we only had 2... show more Hello. My wife and I bought our first home last year and the seller bought a home warranty to go with it. The home warranty is up and it is time to either renew or not. The cost is $445. The company is HMS Home Warranty. In the first year it wouldn't have been worth it because, knock on wood, we only had 2 small problems that they fixed. But all in all, is it worth it for the peace of mind in case something major happens? Is this a good company for home warranties? I didn't have any issues with the two cases we had but like I said, they were small. I also know they offer discounts if you are buying new appliances. Please let me know what you think and if there are better companies...thanks!
6 answers 6