pls help explain these thesis statements!?

1) " Phenomenology is a way of seeing, grasping the world from man's lived experience and as a method, makes much use of epoche, and the phenomenological transcedental reductions to describe man's experience"

2) "inquiry is that whole process by w/c ,man's experience of himself as a responder to actions on him is transformed from an incoherent state to one whose elements hang together, from a state of tension & discord to one that is resolved & integrated"

3) "the truth is held to be the passion of the infinite, for existetialists, philosophy became the search for meaning in life. The search for the truth was now the search for meaning"

4) "Philosophy is closely associated w/ thinking. A crucial element in thinking is insight. Insight is a king of seeing with the mind"

Kindly interpret/explain these, please do number your explanations according to how i numbered them so it doesn't get mixed up..Thanks so much! =)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Marcia
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When the writing gets tough, try putting it into some type of indented format:

1) Phenomenology

is a way of seeing

by grasping man's lived experience

as a method

makes use of epoche

makes use of phenomenological transcedental reductions

reductions describe man's experience

2) inquiry

whole process

man's experience of himself as a responder .....

from a incoherent state to one whose elements hang ..

from a state of tension and discord to resolved and inte..

3) truth

is held to be the passion of the infinite

for existentialists, (this?) philosophy became the search for...

the search for truth was now the search for meaning...

4) Philosophy

closely associated with thinking

crucial to thinking is insight

Insight

is king of seeing with the mind

Ultimately, you should be able to make each of these simple, couple of word statements to get to the root, or base, of the thesis. The other words simply become explanatory, or descriptive, of writer's position on the simple statement. The writer's position is then what the essay is about.

Let me take a stab at these 4:

1) Phenomonology is a way of seeing and describing man's experiences.

2) Inquiry is a process of putting ones experiences into order.

3) Existentialists turned the search for truth into the search of meaning.

4) Insight is crucial to thinking and required for philosophy.

• bazil
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

the way i think at this second, i imagine i ought to look into ridiculous concepts or concepts displayed in a ludicrous trend. One social gathering: I have a motorized vehicle sunlight look after. that is cardboard and that is designed to guard the dashboard from image voltaic harm. It has a disclaimer on it, "eliminate earlier using". I have considered Braille on a rigidity up ATM. I have considered a Braille signal, less than glass. Ask the customers of YA's for his or her sought after products of this nature, then do a touch study and initiate writing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.