pls help explain these thesis statements!?
1) " Phenomenology is a way of seeing, grasping the world from man's lived experience and as a method, makes much use of epoche, and the phenomenological transcedental reductions to describe man's experience"
2) "inquiry is that whole process by w/c ,man's experience of himself as a responder to actions on him is transformed from an incoherent state to one whose elements hang together, from a state of tension & discord to one that is resolved & integrated"
3) "the truth is held to be the passion of the infinite, for existetialists, philosophy became the search for meaning in life. The search for the truth was now the search for meaning"
4) "Philosophy is closely associated w/ thinking. A crucial element in thinking is insight. Insight is a king of seeing with the mind"
Kindly interpret/explain these, please do number your explanations according to how i numbered them so it doesn't get mixed up..Thanks so much! =)
- MarciaLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
When the writing gets tough, try putting it into some type of indented format:
is a way of seeing
by grasping man's lived experience
as a method
makes use of epoche
makes use of phenomenological transcedental reductions
reductions describe man's experience
man's experience of himself as a responder .....
from a incoherent state to one whose elements hang ..
from a state of tension and discord to resolved and inte..
is held to be the passion of the infinite
for existentialists, (this?) philosophy became the search for...
the search for truth was now the search for meaning...
closely associated with thinking
crucial to thinking is insight
is king of seeing with the mind
Ultimately, you should be able to make each of these simple, couple of word statements to get to the root, or base, of the thesis. The other words simply become explanatory, or descriptive, of writer's position on the simple statement. The writer's position is then what the essay is about.
Let me take a stab at these 4:
1) Phenomonology is a way of seeing and describing man's experiences.
2) Inquiry is a process of putting ones experiences into order.
3) Existentialists turned the search for truth into the search of meaning.
4) Insight is crucial to thinking and required for philosophy.
- bazilLv 44 years ago
the way i think at this second, i imagine i ought to look into ridiculous concepts or concepts displayed in a ludicrous trend. One social gathering: I have a motorized vehicle sunlight look after. that is cardboard and that is designed to guard the dashboard from image voltaic harm. It has a disclaimer on it, "eliminate earlier using". I have considered Braille on a rigidity up ATM. I have considered a Braille signal, less than glass. Ask the customers of YA's for his or her sought after products of this nature, then do a touch study and initiate writing.