Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 decade ago

IRC Channel Auto Ops?

How do I make myself autoop on a channel so when I join I am an OP?

I left and came back now noone is Op. What shall I do?

Favorite Answer

Well, first off, you cannot make your self auto op unless someone of higher status sets you as it. If you want to make someone auto op, you would usually type the command:

/msg chanserv aop #channel add user

Some channels, however, prefer to have xOP off, which in that case, you would type:

/msg chanserv access #channel add user 5

Hope this helps! :)

• behr

Irc Auto Op

As of May 2009, the top 100 IRC networks served more than half a million users at a time, with hundreds of thousands of channels (the vast majority of which stand mostly vacant), operating on a total of roughly 1,500 servers worldwide.[5] IRC was created by Jarkko Oikarinen in August 1988 to replace a program called MUT (MultiUser Talk) on a BBS called OuluBox in Finland. Oikarinen found inspiration in a chat system known as Bitnet Relay, which operated on the BITNET.[6] IRC was used to report on the 1991 Soviet coup d'état attempt throughout a media blackout.[7] It was previously used in a similar fashion during the Gulf War.[8] Logs of these and other events are kept in the ibiblio archive.[9] IRC client software is available for virtually every computer operating system that supports TCP/IP networking.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

IRC Channel Auto Ops?

Source(s): irc channel auto ops: https://tinyurl.im/rnThq

A channel has an X bot that will recognize if you have an access on a certain channel. If you are one of the supporters, you automatically get an administrative access level. But if you have a friend who is one of the admin he can add you with your private e-mail account and you'll be given a certain access. Thus, when you join the channel X bot will recognize your ip and if you have an auto op enabled then you go up automatically.

• The channel first has to be registered to some kind of channel services; ChanServ, X, chanfix etc. If there are no channel services like in Undernet you and the other clients have to exit the channel and rejoin. You also could talk to your admin about this to see if he can help. irc.geekpanties.com offers great services and admins are always there for their users.

get mIRC for free here http://bitly.com/1noawPz

It's a very simple and nice software.

Bye Bye

• 6 years agoReport

mIRC is malware. Do not use mIRC.

/msg ChanServ FLAGS #yourchannel yournick +oOtsi

get command from here

/msg ChanServ help FLAGS