lifesabeach asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

How long to rid of Gingivitis?

I went a couple months without brushing my teeth because I had lost my toothbrush. I know, ew.

Anyway, I now have gingivitis in my top and bottom gums. I've been brushing twice a day for the past 3 days, and every time I brush just a little bit my gums bleed like crazy. I floss once a day in addition, and use mouthwash twice a day.

How long will it take for this painful dental disease to GTFO?

• RS
    Favorite Answer

Have you seen a dentist? It may take a while, depending on how severe your condition is. Try rinsing with warm salt water several times a day too. Good luck!

this worked on a 2 month camping trip to the boonies,on an infected tooth,,,,get a can of lysol disinfectant,it kills trychophyton mentagrophytes,and a large variety of bacteria,,mix @ one or 2 sprays in a few ounces of water,tastes yucky,,has less chemicals than kellogs poptarts DILUTE the stuff,add to just carbonated water,swish,don't swallow,,,,use a semi stiff brush to brush,but don't be too rough,also,avoid bleached flours,snackywackies,candy bars,colas,pops,gooey junkydonuts,etc,get some black cotton thread from the supermarket to floss with,don't dig with the thread,but a clean tooth base will squeek,and you can see the residue you pick up.baking soda is also a good cleaner,without abrading the tooth surfaces