Anonymous

How come Seychelles & Bahrain have their own Y/A categories but Iran?

doesn't?

Two dots on the map but a vast, important country like Iran doesn't have its own category & we end up posting our Qs in "Other- ME.."?:-P

Seriously...hardly any questions posted on either of those countries. I am sure an Iran category would have high traffic.

Maybe they think Bahrain belongs to Iran...well, they did once. LOOOOOL

Melting Media: I really do not know who is to blame. There are many Iranians online & it is frustrating not to have our own category. :-(

Trout: Thanks for sharing that with the rest of us:-P Highly informative;-)

Favorite Answer

This is the result of corperate ownership

The US owns this site -- and so it follows whatever the political winds are

I don't know if you noticed but the US is a fairly war like place and so they pick one nation per President to go to war with --- And if they don't pick a nation to go to war with that President rarely gets a second term

Once a long time ago all our maps had Britain in the middle of the world -- most maps still have Britain in the center of the map in Canada

The US however considers itself the center --- and so when they go about demonizing a nation they imply things like --- you (Iran) don't have running water or electricity etc -- and certainly not an internet connection

Forces within the US are still working hard on providing reasons and so on to attack Iran and I am sure you know that --

Russia so far has been the thing that has stopped them in their tracks

They have never had to fight Russia --- Going back to the British -- they did fight Russia --- in the mid 18th century in a war called the Crimea -- It was a blood bath and street to street fighting -- The Empire then decided it would be a better idea to take on Zulu's or the French or the Dutch --- but leave the Russians be

------------- Now if they begin to believe that the Russians can be taken out of the way --- or that they can beat Russia --- then watch out your on the top of the list for the industrial military complex and other strategic interests within the US and those people have not gone away because Obama has been elected

The game has changed --- but how much remains to be seen

So --- no Yahoo is not going to recognize you as a real nation in the 21 st century

_-- Nor is the Yankee in charge going to change the news section of "Yahoo Canada" to reflect the fact that we have 3 coastlines and not 2 or that we still use British spelling and not American

Because they are now the center of the universe and always have been and as far as the average American is concerned we live in igloo's and drive dog sleds to work

There has been a few Americans who have gotten off planes in Canada in July in fur coats expecting Moose in the streets --- and we live next door to them --- so -- yeah Yahoo Iran is not coming any time soon

Sorry

Yahoo Doesn't even have "Iran" in Making ID anymore while places like "Antarcia" is available and you are asking for a section ?!

Actually me and some Other Persian Guys Tried Signing a Petition for it around 2 years ago , but no change was seen !

So we Decided to Capture Bahrain Section Like the way Palestininas Captured Israel's Setion (cause as you said Bahrain was one of Iran's Provinces in less than 50 years ago )

But poeple got bored with that and left the section

In case you came up with anyother Idea , Inform us and we'll try to help you :)

All in all the reason is Obviously Political , so I dont expect to see Iran's Section in this Site where you cant even say what you belive in without the fear of being suspended !

Edit @ Trout : Thats very True , well-said

Source(s): From Iran Have a Star

I wonder if it's because of Y/A's ignorance of how many Iranians are online. Because Tehran-based sites are censored and sites like Persian Journal are blocked by the government, Y/A probably hasn't given the idea much thought. Remember when the English side of IranMania.com was not censored?

Interesting, since Iran has three times the population of Iraq and Bahrain? I can't do the math. Even though I am a Celtic-Viking American, I will write to Yahoo asking why such a large and interesting culture is excluded.

• vidots

Is there any chance you could do a petition to have it put up? If you do, I'd be more than happy to sign it. I'm from seychelles not Iran, but have friends from there and they also are upset about how their country is ignored, I think we should all be treated equally, everywhere. Even if we are just a few dots in the ocean.

• wolf

i think it's better not to have an Iran category otherwise you all will be attacked by people from the Europe or US in that section everyday!

• Diane

Girl Talk Guy Talk

LOL they dont like us they should put a section in tho for Iran...idk cant yu put in a suggestion or something to the people that own yahoo or run the y!A answers website?

Source(s):
  • R. T.

It does make me wonder. But I don't know who makes the decisions about what categories to have. Maybe you could suggest to Y!A to add the category?

Source(s): Corporate ownership is not the reason. The nature of business does not support the theory. The US is not collectively making the decisions about what categories to have on here. There is no vote of the people. The employees working for Y!A are making the decisions. Someone should actually request that a separate Iran category be added. You'll never know until you try. I guess I understand better now. Some of you have tried to petition for this before unsuccessfully. It is shameful that Y!A has continued to ignore you. I come in here to actually support the idea. At least some recognize that. But there are still others who insist to generalize things and make blind accusations about Americans and Zionists. Not all Americans are evil people. I'm not even Middle Eastern. I have met plenty, even men from Iran, and they were incredible people. I have a lot of respect for them. Like yourselves, we do appreciate being treated with respect. For those that have shown that, I thank you. For those that didn't, try treating others with respect. It might lead to the widespread support you are seeking.

The Yahoo Answer owner is probably Jew lol

Nahh I don't know, probably because the administrators are ignorant .

I think its releationship to Y/A rules.